First Computer Build Help

Drain You

In Runtime
Ok, So I recently decided to build my own PC even though I know very little about them. I figured I could learn something in the process and get a better computer than what I got.This is what Ive got picked out.
Mobo
BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Processor
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Orleans 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA3800CNBOX - Retail
RAM
CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 675 (PC2 5400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWIN2X1024-5400C4 - Retail
Video Card
PNY VCG7600GXPB Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Harddrive
HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 HDT722516DLA380 (0A31637) 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
PSU
Sky Hawk/Eagle Tech POWERONE SERIES ATX-GM570PC ATX 12V, EPS 12V, AMD ATX-GES 570W Power Supply 115/230 V – Retail
CD/DVD Drive
LG Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI Super-Multi DVD Burner – OEM

And a case which I havent decided on.
I know this build wont be top of the line or anything, but my question to you is it compatible? Ive never build a PC before so before I order anything I wanna make sure it will all work together. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

So Will it Work?

Yea its going to work. It seems like a pre built system that we sell at our company. The main thing i ask everyone that is getting a new PC, Is what do that plan to do with it? Gaming, Interent, Word docs? Sometimes you can save money buy only getting what you need. NEVER buy dell..lol

joelbeveridge said:
Yea its going to work. It seems like a pre built system that we sell at our company. The main thing i ask everyone that is getting a new PC, Is what do that plan to do with it? Gaming, Interent, Word docs? Sometimes you can save money buy only getting what you need. NEVER buy dell..lol
I almost wanna shoot myself when I see a dell computer ;)

yea I'm getting it for internet, and gaming. Dont expect a ton out of it fro gaming but I really just wanna run the source engine and battlefield and such. Was thinking about the Dual core AMD's but I might stick with this to save the cash.

Also with what I currently have selected for this, what could I expect from it. Like would most games run pretty smoothly.

Drain You said:
yea I'm getting it for internet, and gaming. Dont expect a ton out of it fro gaming but I really just wanna run the source engine and battlefield and such. Was thinking about the Dual core AMD's but I might stick with this to save the cash.

Also with what I currently have selected for this, what could I expect from it. Like would most games run pretty smoothly.
Well your current set up listed above will play games, but if you want the highest settings without any lag, get 2GB DDR2 800 Ram and a Dual Core X2.

GRR, Yea Im really killing myself over goign dual core or not. And rams not to worry cause I could always upgrade that later on. Im really not planning on playing the most graphically intense games. Think I could run Dod Source pretty much max settings with this setup?

yes you could max out dod source. I suggust getting 2 gigs of ram if you want to run battlefield 2, that way you could max that out too and have it run good. getting dual core would only speed up multitasking for now..unless you find a good deal on a dual core cpu, stick to single core.

Yea, going Dual core would cost me about 40 more on the processor, I think that money would be better spent getting a bit more ram. I dont plan on having any other programs running during my games. Most programs ill have running is internet explorer and AIM so I figure I dont need dual core. Thanks for all the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom