New puter...

I personally like getting to know new things, and getting to know how they work etc. After that, it gets boring for me...

I suggest a reformat too.

Either reformat or go to

start-run-type in msconfig- hit the start up tab and disable every thing from their excepy Anti virus and firewall and stuff like that

Thanks, everyone. Again, I can't go clearing the thing and all that becuase I'm not the only one that uses this computer. *I* may not have anything on it I care about losing (which I do anyway...) but that doesn't mean that my sister or dad doesn't either. I found a site once that listed everything that should be running in the background, what shouldn't and listed what everything was that was running...be it a program, piece of a program or a virus. I don't remember the site though...think it was something on Cnet but I don't remember.

61 processes.. haha I have like 14 at startup. Hardly any of that crap is needed. I suggust you look up some guides on bulding your own computer.. that way you can make it the way YOU want it... not the way HP wants it.

The first thing i always do if i get a build PC sent to me is wipe the PC and start again. If you do this you will notice that there might be 4 or more partitions that can always be deleted. Dell is a master of putting crap on there you dont need. WIPE and start again. Then you know whats on there.

I'll do it someday. I know it's much more customizable and can be made cheaper. Where should I start?

Back
Top Bottom