Tick sound

X1337

Fully Optimized
How it started: said:
Yes the title says it all. When I got that cooling for my video card I got this fan control for it, but the fan control died out of no where so I had to use the system fan plugin only one problem, the fan plug is so small it wont even make it to the plug on the motherboard. So I used 2 twist ties with metal, striped them on each side used it as extra wires to plugin the fan.

Anyways it works great but when I started the computer up! it loaded my windows xp accont and bam it turned off. The sound it made was tick!, I checked the wires again and turned it on and so far its worked great. My question is what make the tick sound and was it the wires tuching each other in the plugin on the motherboard

Yeah, it probably would have been that. A short circuit of some kind, and the PSU protected itself by switching off. Can't you put maybe celetape around each wire?

Never make them touch together. It usually will cause the PC to turn off. On the other hand, protect them with tape.

yea, well this is the first time it done that. Before the fan would stop if it tuched each other and the computer would still go

X1337 said:
yea, well this is the first time it done that. Before the fan would stop if it tuched each other and the computer would still go
It would take a little while before all the charge reverses.

Back
Top Bottom