Graphics Card

Blixxy

Solid State Member
I've decided that it's time to purchase a new graphics card due to lack of games I am actually able to play smoothly on my computer. After using some programs such as CPU-z and SiSoft Sandra I found out that my mother board only has PCI Ports and I can see no way of enabling an AGP port, so I am fairly certain it is 100% PCI only. (Yes I know this sucks pretty bad :( )

The MINIMUM card I am looking for is something eqivelent to a GeForce 2 class card but preferably something equal to or greater than a GeForce FX 5700. I realise this is probably going to be pretty damned hard to get and realise that I am probably already facing failure in the face but I would try get a semi decent graphics card than have to go out and buy a new mother board AND a new graphics card. :p

I would be very greatful if anyone has any sites which has PCI Graphics cards on which suit the requirements I am looking for. It would also be better if the website ships to the UK. :)

Thank you for your time and thank you in advance. :cool:
//Blixxy

Blixxy said:
I've decided that it's time to purchase a new graphics card due to lack of games I am actually able to play smoothly on my computer. After using some programs such as CPU-z and SiSoft Sandra I found out that my mother board only has PCI Ports and I can see no way of enabling an AGP port, so I am fairly certain it is 100% PCI only. (Yes I know this sucks pretty bad :( )

The MINIMUM card I am looking for is something eqivelent to a GeForce 2 class card but preferably something equal to or greater than a GeForce FX 5700. I realise this is probably going to be pretty damned hard to get and realise that I am probably already facing failure in the face but I would try get a semi decent graphics card than have to go out and buy a new mother board AND a new graphics card. :p

I would be very greatful if anyone has any sites which has PCI Graphics cards on which suit the requirements I am looking for. It would also be better if the website ships to the UK. :)

Thank you for your time and thank you in advance. :cool:
//Blixxy
PCi is better than AGP..lol AGP graphics card are old and crap now compared to PCI

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of PCI (e), compared to AGP, there are VERY limited PCI Graphics cards I have been able to find so far. With over 10+ AGP choices on every site there are a meer 2 PCI choices, non of which are suitable for what I want.

//Blixxy

Blixxy said:
I'm pretty sure you are thinking of PCI (e), compared to AGP, there are VERY limited PCI Graphics cards I have been able to find so far. With over 10+ AGP choices on every site there are a meer 2 PCI choices, non of which are suitable for what I want.

//Blixxy
Oh its just PCI, well Ill look now

Ye, I am finding it very hard to find one upto 5700 myself. I am actually starting to wonder whether it is actually imposible to get one as high up as I am wanting.

Thanks for the help:)
//Blixxy

I am thinking of ordering the 5500, it is suitable for the game I play (not QUITE the spec I wanted but hey) and is a reasonable price.

Thank you all for your help!:)

//Blixxy

Back
Top Bottom