And yet another configuration... [APPROVAL]

It's because Nvidia is imcompetent at designing memory controllers. The reason they are so nice on AMD systems, it is because AMD designs the memory controllers, Nvidia does everything else. But on an Intel system, the memory controller is the NB, and Nvidia can't get it right. They just slap together a memory controller, put it on, makes sure it works and then sell it. The reference NF590 boards have a FSB wall at 350, YES, 350. With an E6600, that is only 3.2 Ghz, and the board maxes out. You max out the board on AIR. How is THAT possible?

ownage said:
It's because Nvidia is imcompetent at designing memory controllers. The reason they are so nice on AMD systems, it is because AMD designs the memory controllers, Nvidia does everything else. But on an Intel system, the memory controller is the NB, and Nvidia can't get it right. They just slap together a memory controller, put it on, makes sure it works and then sell it. The reference NF590 boards have a FSB wall at 350, YES, 350. With an E6600, that is only 3.2 Ghz, and the board maxes out. You max out the board on AIR. How is THAT possible?
Good enough for me. P5B IT IS!

btw, i'm assuming your saying in a nutshell, these nvidia chipsets can't OC for crap.. right? memory being the limitation thanks to the mem controller..

Those motherboards both support the 7600GT, correct? Which one should I get? I'm going for the cheaper buy if there isn't any other reason.

Back
Top Bottom