nvidia GEforce2

ahh.. I see now.. yeah.. you'd have to just buy a whole new laptop if you want better video performance...

they do make them, i have seen them on nvidia's website, this saturday im going to circuit city and i will ask them about it.

coolcomputer89 said:
I need to know if it is possible to switch out my sis graphics card in my laptop for the Nvidia GEforce 2.

You're talking about the high end laptops. Custom jobs. BIG BUCKS. Not just any ole laptop will let you swap out the graphics CHIP. They are hard soldered to the motherboard and are wired up to "borrow" a portion of the system memory to function.
About the only thing you might be able to do is install the max memory for your system and see if the video subsystem will let you up the amount it "borrows". That setting is in the bios, by the way.

coolcomputer89 said:
they do make them, i have seen them on nvidia's website, this saturday im going to circuit city and i will ask them about it.
Don't bother.. you simply can't upgrade a graphics card on a laptop.. you'd have to replace a lot more to get it working.. big bucks.. like seti said.

Back
Top Bottom