need thermal paste

faith4

In Runtime
when u first put the processor into the mobo for the 1st time, do u need to put the thermal paste or watever is called into the processor top ?and then lay the hsf onto the top of the processor ?
and if i need to put that paste into the processor, do i need to it or does it come with the processor itself ?
and how much do i put it in and do i spread it out all over the top of the processor ?

the only time your going to need thermal paste is if you take the heatsink off the processor and put it back on.

so when u first put the processor and heatsink into the mobo , u dont need to put the thermal paste on it ?

The heatsink that comes with the CPU should either have a TIM (Thermal Interface material) pad or thermal paste. As for the paste, just a very small amount is placed on the CPU and spread out in a very thin layer.

Check out this link for more info: AMD Processor Installation Videos. :D

Retail always has a heatsink. But i would get rid of that thermal pad. Thermal pad = no no. Use some AS5 (and whatever you do, dont EVEN look at the Cool labratory liquid metal crap.)

ownage said:
Retail always has a heatsink. But i would get rid of that thermal pad. Thermal pad = no no. Use some AS5 (and whatever you do, dont EVEN look at the Cool labratory liquid metal crap.)

Agreed. Thermal pads aren't the greatest for keeping the CPU cool. I switched to Arctic Silver 5 right away and it cools much much better. So, despite the fact that the CPU will come with a thermal pad or pre-applied thermal paste, i recommend you clean that off and re-apply it yourself.

is there a site where it can tell me how to remove the thermal pad ? and applying the thermal paste to the processor top ? or apply the thermal paste to the hsf bottom ( bottom to the top processor ) ?

Back
Top Bottom