Netgear DG834?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I currently have a Netgear DG834 ADSL Modem/Router (http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/dg834v2.asp). Ok, this question i ask maybe difficult to understand or a lot ot ask lol, but here goes.....

I want to know what i would need to make a wireless connection out of it, i have read that this router you can plug in further switches etc, allowing more than the 4 ports it has. So i ask, what would i need to have it so that Computer A connects via cable, and Computer B and C connect wirelessly? what would i need and where would i plug it in? Please feel free to state model numbers etc.
All your help is much appreciated, and if this was all gibbrish to you then i'm sorry....i'll try harder next time....

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
Hi,

I currently have a Netgear DG834 ADSL Modem/Router (http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/dg834v2.asp). Ok, this question i ask maybe difficult to understand or a lot ot ask lol, but here goes.....

I want to know what i would need to make a wireless connection out of it, i have read that this router you can plug in further switches etc, allowing more than the 4 ports it has. So i ask, what would i need to have it so that Computer A connects via cable, and Computer B and C connect wirelessly? what would i need and where would i plug it in? Please feel free to state model numbers etc.
All your help is much appreciated, and if this was all gibbrish to you then i'm sorry....i'll try harder next time....

Thanks in advance,

Matt

ok, i will try my best to answer this one, from what i see, i can't see any antennas on the router for wireless net... and when u said you can add more hubs and switches to it if it has a "uplink" port (keep in mind some routers, when u use uplink port it turns off port 1)... and i herd them are bad routers, me my slef use to use dlink, but switched to linksys because of instablity... but if your router is wirelss cable... i would think you wold need a adpter and then the com[uter should be able to see connection....

i have had better succes with linksys routers... which i reccomend for both wired and wirelss solution..... p.s. go for the wireless g or n... :)

sorry, thats all i can help u with, l8r

Back
Top Bottom