Donating to CF

X1337 said:
plus, he has to mainten the server. check the hardware (I think) etc... In a long run its hard work. And I look at hes profile and I see hes always PM everyone :p That is hardwork of typing!

My friend has hes own forum and he pays 10 dollors a month. But not alot of people go on it only one time there was 20 people on for a hole day and that bumped hes bill up a few dollors, now think about davids bill?

I see no problem with a $60 a month hosting plan covering this forum.

$60 = £30 per month.

£30 per month = £360 per year (roughly $720).
I doubt David has that money to throw around, TBH - most people of our age don't. And anyway, I know that, like me, he'd probably rather spend it on drink :)

G35x said:
Ahh even a mod thinks the place is falling off a bit...I remember when I first joined, this place was strong, and had a ton of new members, but now, it seems as if, we have the same members we did 4 months ago, atleast everyday members...Im not saying you would have to give me a sig, for me to donate, but it would be nice...
Everyone seems new when you first join, look at the member list and order it by date, then see how many new people join each day

DJ-CHRIS said:
I see no problem with a $60 a month hosting plan covering this forum.
A $60 server wouldn't cope

Personally I have only messaged David twice, and on both times, it appears that he has not bothered to read them or reply to them, this has been seen by the lack of message receipt.

I always make the effort to respond, ask anyone here.

David Lindon said:
I always make the effort to respond, ask anyone here.

I was commenting on the twice that I have messaged you specifically regarding issues, that I received no response. I can only comment on my own experience no one elses.

GlasseyeUK said:
I was commenting on the twice that I have messaged you specifically regarding issues, that I received no response. I can only comment on my own experience no one elses.
If its username changes or neg reps etc then I may perform the action but by the time I come to repsond I have another pm that needs attending to

hey man, give david a break. He pays bills and he cant always reply to PMs

David Lindon said:
If its username changes or neg reps etc then I may perform the action but by the time I come to repsond I have another pm that needs attending to
Yeah, thats okay, but there's been two or three times where you responded (replied) and I replied back again and the receipt showed as unconfirmed...

G35x said:
Im not trying to be, ehh well greedy I suppose, but I still think, members that pay, should get something...Like at maxima.org, they get a custom title, saying "I support Maxima.org"..We dont need anything like that, but just something ya know..Make it worth while for the people who actually plan to donate..

I think getting a text like "I support CF" under the title would be pretty good.
Wouldn't make the forums look unproffessional like pictures in sigs would, (just my opinion) and new members would know why people have the text under their title, if it was a custom title (like u can type anything u want in it) new guys would probably be wondering why some people have it and why some don't. They would be making threads about how they can get one etc...

just my 2 cents, and I'm most likely not going to donate anything, since I feel like I'm contributing enough by helping other people, and also the ads should give David enough money to pay for the server.

Back
Top Bottom