computer won't boot up

Ok have you tried taking the slave hard drive out, making sure all you got is a HD CPU obviously mainboard running. if this does not work, I think something maybe fried, possibly the CPU, did you reach high temps the last time you used it?

theres only one main hd in this computer and it uses S-ATA. so how would that work then if i wanted to set it to a slave?

and when i start up the pc the cpu fan runs really really really high and loud which is unusual.

It sounds like your Motherboard isn't functioning as it should do. I'm still learning about in depth detail on this stuff but I'm guessing as the Mainboard controls the fan rotaion and power that goes into the fan, it's almost like it's getting confused of what it's meant to do.

But it maybe bazzare but I still think the CPU has fried :(

If the lighting stuck your mobo it fried. Its PROOF GONE. If its sata just plug it into SATA 2 port. Your new PC should have several SATA ports and SATA 1 is master and SATA II and furthur is slave.

My compaq does that sometimes,take out the clock battery and try it the other way,if i put the clock bvattery in the wrong way it does that,also try Getting a new clock batery

Do you mean bios battery, cause thats the only battery that I know of on a MOBO. I never heard of this issue before, but your BIOS could of ran outta juice.

Eh?

Yeah, you may need a new battery. Its worth trying, and they only cost about £1, if that.

If that battery isn't working, the computer won't be talking to the BIOS, which in turn won't start any boot prodedures, and may not access temps, etc, to control fan speeds, so they are just spinning at the max they can do.

Well, It's really weird though. Try the full uninstall of the PC and run it at a special mode....meaning:

tkey said:
i find blackcurrent juice works best Lol
If you don't have anything else to say, then don't say it. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom