New puter...

Rmp5s

In Runtime
You know...I kinda hate getting new stuff. You get a new car and you have to figure everything out and get used to it...you get a new phone and you have to put all your numbers in it and get it all the way you want it...even when you get something as simple as a new pair of shoes and you have to break them in! I find it to be a pain in the ass...but NOTHING is as big of a pain in the ass as getting a new computer. Gotta get it all dialed in and setup the way you want it, etc...what a hassle (but you gotta stay somewhat up to date...so oh well...). What I REALLY hate about new computers though is all the crap that comes pre-loaded on it when you get it! I just got a new HP Pavilion Slimline recently and there are SIXTY ONE PROCESSES at start up!

K...here's my question...what is all this crap, what do I need to keep, what can I get rid of and how can I get rid of what I don't need? I know all this crap has to suck up some memory and I don't even know what the hell most of it is. I know I need explorer and a few others but most of it just looks like junk. I'd just like to clean this thing up so it'll run a little better. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

--Brent

Can you give us a list of what you have. So we can tell what you need to keep or get rid of.

Yeah I know the feeling they just put a bunch of different software on there, because they think it will prove usefull, ushally when you buy a computer made by a company they ask you what you are going to be using it for and ushally they give you one customized to your personal Needs

This is actually my parent's computer...I'm not going to build one for them...they wouldn't trust it...lol. I'd like to build one some day, actually. Since you bring it up, could you point me in the direction of any good resources for getting started with building my own?

Anyway...this is what's running...

untitled.JPG

There's no easier way to do it than that? I can't do all that now. If I was the only one that used this puter, it might not be a problem.

reformatting is the easiest way to get rid of all the crap. Since the computer is new u probably don't have much important files there so backing up isn't going to take a long time. Also reformatting takes maybe like 1h and then installing all of the necessary stuff is maybe like 1-2h.

Takes more time than just deleting all of the stuff, but atleast they are permanently gone, registry and everything.

Back
Top Bottom