Donating to CF

I would donate without a custom sig or anything as a result... Come on guys, this sites so slow at the moment...
I've been here long enough to know I don't want this place to fall.

Ahh even a mod thinks the place is falling off a bit...I remember when I first joined, this place was strong, and had a ton of new members, but now, it seems as if, we have the same members we did 4 months ago, atleast everyday members...Im not saying you would have to give me a sig, for me to donate, but it would be nice...

Knowing David, not saying I know him much, doesnt seem like the guy, that will just take money for nothing. Hence the reason he has not said anything so far..Or I could just be wrong, he seems like one of those people, that doesnt want to take money from us, and rather do it himself...But ehh, if its towards updates, why not...If 10 mems, put up 5 each, even then that would help some what...Not sure what the vb prices are, but that would help a lot I hope...

Im not trying to be, ehh well greedy I suppose, but I still think, members that pay, should get something...Like at maxima.org, they get a custom title, saying "I support Maxima.org"..We dont need anything like that, but just something ya know..Make it worth while for the people who actually plan to donate..

Personally I wouldn't be prepared to give anything at this time, until it was assured that it would be going to this specific forum, and for what the money went to in lines of contribution.

To me it seems pretty clear that part of his motivation of running the Lindon Networks, whether it is a full time job, or he does this as a sideline, I am not aware of and really don't want to know. I think it would be highly unlikely that he would comment on it, because it would be very easy to appear as if he would want this for financial reasons from a negative perspective.

It would also in my opinion open up a side of things which he may wish to keep private such how the money would be used to further the forum and also if it becomes a financial venture, in that the members are effectively paying for access to the board, whether you choose to use the words donation or not, specially if that led to other benefits, or different services being available to the contributors.

Personally I have only messaged David twice, and on both times, it appears that he has not bothered to read them or reply to them, this has been seen by the lack of message receipt.

This forum has only declined because of all the bitching and infighting, the constant demands for upgrades, changes or privilages, such avatars, custom sigs, custom titles etc (to name a few) when requests have been made, then they been met with a limited response in a public forum and only the moderators can comment on what has been discussed in the staff lounge.

In my opinion there has never been a final response from David on some of those subjects, and as the sole administrator there is some subjects that the moderators cannot comment on, especially as sometimes it seems to be they are in the dark as the members.

I feel that this has led to a feel that the forum has been neglected, and it does have a large user base, who occupy the different sections, and the majority have a positive influence on the forum as a whole, despite the attempts of a few to ruin it, with their multiple names, stirring and spamming and whatever.

I would like to see CF survive and I am sure the majority would agree with that, but I also feel that there needs to be some things that change around here.

You made some very good points up there. I too would like to see CF surviving, I haven't been here for long, so I don't know anything about what it was like in the past; except from viewing pages from the 'way back machine' website.

Back
Top Bottom