Gallery: Cases

ownage said:
Lian Li, is very sturdy, and 10x lighter than my old P-180. Thermaltake would not be my choice of case, and i would highly recommend people to steer clear of it. Their cases in terms of quality isnt too far from their watercooling kits.
Recommend a particular model?

Full tower or mid tower? Silence?

For the full tower silence: V2100 (your choice of silver or black)
For full tower: V2000 or G70 (again, silver or black)
Mid tower silence: S80, V1200 (again)
Mid tower : PC-60, PC-7

the only bad thing about coolermaster is that its shape and size are great, but the it doesnt have that "sturdy" feel that my antec case has, mostly because the side panels are very thin. the antec case however has metallic everything except for the front which is plastic.

slayer322 said:
more like poor handling from shipping company from whoever you bought it from. Takes alot to break a cases front panel off, even on a 30$ case.

Which would probably be UPS, FedEx or USPS. All of them are reliable, but shit does happen...

Zaki said:
the only bad thing about coolermaster is that its shape and size are great, but the it doesnt have that "sturdy" feel that my antec case has, mostly because the side panels are very thin. the antec case however has metallic everything except for the front which is plastic.

Yeah, I read some reviews about the Cooler Master CM Stacker 830 being a bit flimsy compared to some cases, mostly because you can take apart the whole thing, not to mention the tool-less features.

Heh, Antec has to have some of the most sturdy cases ever. I swear, my P-180 is like a tank, in both construction and weight. :p Pretty much everything is made from steel, while the only parts with plastic and aluminum are the part of the front panel, front door and layers of the side panels. Everything else is pretty much solid steel. makes it sturdy and muffles noise very well.

alvino said:
Which would probably be UPS, FedEx or USPS. All of them are reliable, but shit does happen...
one screw up because of one person who doesn't know what the hell they are doing, and the next thing you know the customer believes the company is utter shit for all eternity.. they just aren't understanding at all...

MikeReiner said:
one screw up because of one person who doesn't know what the hell they are doing, and the next thing you know the customer believes the company is utter shit for all eternity.. they just aren't understanding at all...

I know, that's why I said shit happens. Sometimes someone accidentally drops something, or something falls during transit...things happen. Of course, sometimes I could be from the manufacturer...poor quality control isn't a uncommon occurance, and manufacturing defects are things that just happen. There is no company that comes out with a perfect manufacturing line. There will always be something that needs to be RMA'ed or replaced.

alvino said:
Heh, Antec has to have some of the most sturdy cases ever. I swear, my P-180 is like a tank, in both construction and weight. :p Pretty much everything is made from steel, while the only parts with plastic and aluminum are the part of the front panel, front door and layers of the side panels. Everything else is pretty much solid steel. makes it sturdy and muffles noise very well.

the strong metallic thing was great when i lived up north and temps were never a problem,
but in my home right now i have taken both the left and right door panels off of the case so the mobo temps dont go to 50 C !
the other crappy thing about the cmstacker is the front bays, you have to install from the front and the side bars are bound to get scratched each time.

alvino said:
I know, that's why I said shit happens. Sometimes someone accidentally drops something, or something falls during transit...things happen. Of course, sometimes I could be from the manufacturer...poor quality control isn't a uncommon occurance, and manufacturing defects are things that just happen. There is no company that comes out with a perfect manufacturing line. There will always be something that needs to be RMA'ed or replaced.
Yep.. and people seem to have so much trouble understanding that. I know a guy who immediatly assumed all ATi cards were complete utter shit just because a 9800XT he ordered didn't work.. sheesh.. thats like.. one out of several thousands? perhaps more?... he just thought i was a retard when I tried to tell him otherwise... it was then I realized that he just wasn't worth knowing anymore...

alvino said:

the strong metallic material on the antec was great when i lived up north and temps were never a problem,
but in my home right now i have taken both the left and right door panels off of the case so the mobo temps dont go to 50 C !

also another crappy thing about the cmstacker is the front bays, you have to install from the front and the side bars are bound to get scratched each time.

Back
Top Bottom