Windows Live Messanger Annoyance

Toby1

Daemon Poster
Hey people,

Whenever I log on to Windows Live Messanger at a different location to my home computer, it asks me to accept/deny people who I've already chose to accept/deny/delete on the WLM that is on my home computer. It never used to happen with MSN Messanger 7.5 (from what I can remember).

I'm just wondering, has anyone else had this problem? It's quite annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Toby.

You know i've had a similar problem, but I was running GAIM...

Have you ran other programs like trillian or gaim with your account?

Yeah, I used Trillian with my msn account, no errors at all... As far as my contact list goes. But, I tried Miranda IM, and a site that lets you log into msn, and it did the same thing as WLM, adding all my old contacts again.

Maybe I should just go back to MSN 7.5 and see if that fixes it... But if I do that I'll probably get a build up of hotmail contacts (that's one good thing about WLM, it lets you delete people from your msn, and out of your hotmail contacts, through WLM) and I'll have to delete a heap (through hotmail), which when I did it last time, it had hell errors... And it deleted people off of my MSN that I didn't even delete through hotmail.

Another thing it does is, it adds two of the same addresses until the contact accepts me, then I just delete the duplicate addy. This only happens 8 out of 10 times though.

Maybe I'll contact WLM support, when I can be bothered, I'd rather try a reinstall/revert back to msn 7.5 first.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom