Socket AM3 and DDR3?

TRDCorolla said:
Actually, Intel will be making some changes too starting later next year. They will add new chipsets that will support DDR3 as well. Looks like we'll be seeing DDR3 going mainstream one year from today. Someething about Bearlake-X chipset. It's suppose to have support for 2nd gen PCI-e, 2x16X PCI-e graphics, DDR3 running at 1333 speed, and Quad core support.

Yeah, the Bearlake chipset supports DDR3. Don't expect to see that and DDR3 for a while though...even though Samsung has working samples, it'll be a while before it becomes widespread and recognized.

Just the idea of DDR3 is incredible and new PCI-e specs. Makes me feel old. They hope to get it out late next year, possibly fall or winter? Man, that would be something. Still a long, long wait.

X1337 said:
So if AMD makes Am3 for servers than that should be it for a while!

Nah, it'll be Socket F for Opterons for a while. :)

I'm going to stay with Socket 939 for a bit, meanwhile save some money with some cheapo dual-cores. :D

Even with all these new technology coming out, it's not like our current PC configs are completely useless. It meets the system requirements for most programs out there. I think once we see min system requirements calling for dual core, or whatever, then we can invest in another new system.

Back
Top Bottom