internet exploreer has encountered a problem

thegamer353

Baseband Member
i just got rid of a virus that was in my laptop and now when ever i click internet explorer it says internet explore has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience. how do i make it stop saying that and make it go into internet explorer?

comp-master353 said:
i just got rid of a virus that was in my laptop and now when ever i click internet explorer it says internet explore has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience. how do i make it stop saying that and make it go into internet explorer?
i've never had that problem, but i'd try doing a system restore. if you don't want to do a system restore just use opera or firefox or another alternative browser.... that's just my opinion though.

Start>Programs>Acessories>System Tools>System Restore

Keep in mind, if you do a system restore, the virus is going to be back. The reason is, at certain points, Windows XP takes a "snap-shot" if you will, of the hard drive. This is where you are restoring from. So if you had a virus, and are now rid of the virus, the virus will be back if you do a system restore.

Make sure Windows is up to date. Also, what virus scanner did you use to remove the virus, and what virus was it? Depending on the virus, your issue could be minor or major, and you still could be infected.

EDIT: You never want to do a system restore after you remove a virus. The safest way to make sure this does not happen is to blow out the system restore folder (delete it). You can only do this with certain bootable tools- you can't do it from Windows or Safe Mode....

i used free stuff to remove the virus. i used bitdefender 8, stinger 3, spyware blaster, spybot, avg antivirus and antivir. i think the virus is still on my laptop, i have no clue what virus it was cuz like there were about 5 of them. one was a trojan. sry for the no caps, imon my psp cuz igot no intfrnet on my laptop. what do u recemend i use to get the virus off my laptop?

Click on this link:

http://www.trendmicro.com/hc_intro/default.asp

The above is Trend Micro's free online virus scan. Use it to scan your computer. Also try the link below, Avast! antivirus free removal tool
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-virus-cleaner.html

Post back when you scan with both of these and it says clean. If it says anything else, write down the names, but do not remove them yet. We need to determine what they are, and what they are doing. A reformat may be necessary.

But the online scan won't work becausewhen ever i open internet explorer it says internet exploreer has encountered a problem so i cant do that online scan. I could to the avast scan and tell you what kind of virus it is.

Back
Top Bottom