sound question

jcon891

Daemon Poster
i just wanted to know if there was a way to make sounds from one program come out of my headphones, while sound from a different program are coming out of my speakers...

i don't think that is possible because once something is plugged into a sound jack thats the path of the sound.

after thinking about it, it kinda sounds like a dumb question now... i dont think its possible either :p

Please correct me if i'm wrong

I never heard of that happening. You can play two different sounds at the same time by opening up multiple players, but they'll all come out through your main speakers or your headphones--if you have those plugged in.

I don't think you can select which program uses which sound output. The sound card software only allows you to choose between which output you want to use.

Ronco -
You can have headphones connected to the headphone jack and still use the speakers to hear sound. The output is selectable in the sound card's software.

Atomic Rooster said:
I don't think you can select which program uses which sound output. The sound card software only allows you to choose between which output you want to use.

Ronco -
You can have headphones connected to the headphone jack and still use the speakers to hear sound. The output is selectable in the sound card's software.

no i understand that now after re-reading what i wrote, lol i'm watching Pearl Harbor and i got caught up in it so i was zoning out :p

jcon89 said:
i just wanted to know if there was a way to make sounds from one program come out of my headphones, while sound from a different program are coming out of my speakers...

It's possible, however your software needs to support this feature.

Software that supports this feature is usually recording and production software.

Two examples of software that I use i with multiple input / output support are Ableton Live and Sony Soundforge.

do you have onoard sound and a sound card... cuz i did and i used to play BF2 through the sound card on my speakers and teamspeak through my onboard and through my headphones

Back
Top Bottom