Mouse freezing and computer freezing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saneal

Beta member
Hi, I just joined here today. I came to ask all of you hear about a problem my girlfriend has with her computer. Her computer constantly freezes. now, my computer from time to time does the same thing, and ive been told its the motherboard, but im not completely sure about that. but her mouse always freezes too. its very annoying and hard to do anything with it constantly freezing. we've tried almost everyhing physically. We've unplugged it, just now she restarted 7 times and it still is frozen. earlier i told her to turn it off and unplug the computer all together. later i told her to unplug the mouse and leave it out for a while. none of these have worked. does anyone know a way that this can be fixed or at least what the problem is? I appreciate any help or attempts to help. thank you.

What age is the Computer?
What version of Windows?
What Processor?

Try things like Downloads.com and seach for Ad-Aware; thats good cause it may just be too much trying to work at the same time.

bad memory can cause lockups.
a virus can lockup a computer.
You could be out of memory due to to many boot programs.

All those suggestions are good ones. Something else to check are programs running in the background. Too many of them could really overload your computer, even newer ones.

yeah, if you have windows me....that OS seems to freeze up alot....my girl-friend used to have that on her comp.

and it constantly froze up, and shutting down windows took like forever.

You can access it by going into the BIOS under the power section if I'm not mistaken.

Is your mouse a USB mouse? If so, try getting a usb to ps/2 converter to use the mouse with. I had a problem sort of like this one time with my usb mouse and my computer was hanging at shutdown.

Another thing you should have noticed: thread is 2 years old. Let it rest in peace.

Sooo...*thread closed*

To answer you, the CPU temp is in BIOS or Download PC Wizard 2006 at www.cpuid.com ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom