Nvidia G force 6600

IronMaiden6669 said:
Can older drivers cause problems like this then, and thanks for the link :)

yes they can, older drivers can make games jitter like the ones your experiencing.

Ok everything appears to be in great order, one more question..

You know the nvidia tray icon, do I need to stick the performance options up on here, like

performance and quality options, do I stick it to the highest which is high performance, or do I leave this alone?

well i'm running an nVidia geforce 6500 and i have mine set on quality because its a pretty weak card. but put the refresh rate on the highest possible and put the color quality on the highest also. if you want a performance computer then by switching the card into a performance mode the graphics will be edgy and quality might run a little slow but will have a more smooth look to it.

If you smell something burning it might be your monitor. If you set your refresh rate too high it will damage your monitor. 60 is avgerage. 85 for mid and high res. Check the specs on your monitor before you start playing around.

I got it to 70 and I have the box checked so it won't show anymore then 60 to 70, is it worth unchecking the box and raise it a bit more?

Back
Top Bottom