Gallery: Your Monitor

Not only do I have my LCD, but I have two 17" for my secondary workstations.

item641.jpg

However, it seems that when it changes colors, the tube has trouble stayting still...it rotates a bit.

IMG_e771_lrg.jpg

This one works nicely.

alvino said:
Haha, well there will be a time when LCD's will reign over CRTs. :) Samsung recently showcased a LCD monitor that displays 92% of true color, which is unprecedented for today's LCD panels. Not to mention that the response rates are becoming faster and faster with 2ms and even 1ms. It only takes time...
I wonder how low they will get the ms time... supposedly CRTs run much faster than that.. whereas LCD looks perfectly fine to me at 12 or lower.

I've heard CRT's have way fsater response rates and the colors are truer. I personally do not like them because they hurt my eyes which is why I got an LCD and the LCD is much easier on my eyes. I'm fine with the LCD, the color seems brighter and the response is fine to me.

MikeReiner said:
yeah well, it goes higher than that :p my 19" CRT can do 1680x1050 and 1920x1200.. :)

yeah, but on a LCD, its very nice. If a LCD is cheap, you can tell the difference. The colors arent as vivid, and things just look crappy. But once you get a good one, its hard to tell the difference. I like LCDs, but try to get your hands on a 2007WFP from Dell, and see if you'll go back :p

kocheez75 said:
DSCN0966.jpg

20.1" viewsonic widescreen
Please dont tell me you leave the speakers like that. You have awesome speakers and a good sound card and you arent even using them properly...

Good point, but I have 5.1 phillips speakers, they're preety good, nothing compared to those, and I have onboard, but I have them set up just like that lol..I dont really know where else to put them, dont have any spot to put them behind the computer chair, so ehh I just leave it like that..Just wondering, 1-10, what are these? They sound alright to me I guess, but a soundcard would make a difference I guess.

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=X0VXRMSBECGCHJ0RMRESHP3HKFSEKI5P

ownage said:
yeah, but on a LCD, its very nice. If a LCD is cheap, you can tell the difference. The colors arent as vivid, and things just look crappy. But once you get a good one, its hard to tell the difference. I like LCDs, but try to get your hands on a 2007WFP from Dell, and see if you'll go back :p

Nah, the WFP's have been having problems, unless Dell finally sorted them out. My dream monitor is still the Gateway FPD2182W 21" Widescreen High-Definition LCD Monitor. :D

http://www.gateway.com/programs/lcd/index.shtml?cmpid=index*HDLCD21W_specs*tab

troy272 said:
I've heard CRT's have way fsater response rates and the colors are truer. I personally do not like them because they hurt my eyes which is why I got an LCD and the LCD is much easier on my eyes. I'm fine with the LCD, the color seems brighter and the response is fine to me.
well you have run CRT @ good hz's. Im runing 1024x768 @ 85hz, before I got 1024x768 @ 120hz with 6800 PCIE on old system but my screen said no to that with my other cards

Back
Top Bottom