Internet..LQQK

Its so damn slow, this is getting VERY annoying...Ok, so I went downstairs, turned the modem off for a bit, hit the reset button, unpluged, the wires, then then put it all back...Still the same, then I was like I dont have security set up, but then again no one around me is like that, or smart enough, and they can easily afford their own internet...But I was like let me just put a pass on, so I do the ip browser thing, for the frist time I ever, I visited this page...And I got this, I went into profile editor, because well thats the only place you can go...So the options should be in there...And I dont have the pass nor the username...where am I suppose to get this? GOD DAMN THIS IS ANNOYING..And loook at the speeds, they are up to par, why the hell is it so slow, please someone help!

untitled1copysi2.jpg

EMMteo said:
if your router is downstairs theres your answer. the cement and what not makes it extremely hard for anything to be transmitted. I checked it out and my signal strength was at "very low" i go anywhere upstairs and its very good to excellent.

My router is downstairs adn my comp is upstairs i have excellent, I have a belkin wireless N desktop card and belkin wrieless g router

i'm using verizon dsl right now... linksys wireless router and westell modem. works fine, i have 2 computers on the wireless and two computers directly connected.

In firefox, when connecting to cf, it says connecting to bidvertiser, and all these other weird things...Im guessing this is spyware, Ive used hijackthis, but I dont think it got rid of it..Uninstalled firefox, then reinstalled still does that, and avg nor adware se picked it up so far..:(

hascet said:
My router is downstairs adn my comp is upstairs i have excellent, I have a belkin wireless N desktop card and belkin wrieless g router

The signal strength in any building between floors or walls depends strongly on the structure. Different materials used in the building can either amplify or hinder a wireless signal.

Yeah, but like I said, its been working fine for a whole year, it just became slow out of no where..

Well it has to break sometime...just because it was working yesterday isn't proof that it isn't malfunctioning today...

if you're trying to get into your router settings to make adjustments.....try the default username "admin" and password "password" which is what my two routers that i got from verizon came with. once you go into them the first time, they will prompt you to set up your own username and password. doesn't apply to you cause you are using your wireless signal, but for anyone else reading this, and not using your wireless signal to run another computer off of, you may want to turn your wireless signal off in the router settings.

Back
Top Bottom