Gallery: Your Monitor

natej315 said:
My screen bites lolz
51l.JPG

i have the same exact laptop :eek:

except...the battery is dead and my aunt has the charger SO i can't do anything with it.

Crabby... said:
But why? I meen LCD is so much better, plus no radiation. (can't spell... :( )

Most CRTs have a faster refresh rate, which is important in graphic design.

alvino said:
Quite a few old schoold developers use those large CRT monitors. The size makes it easier to program large amounts of code. John Carmack of id Software still uses one of those giant CRT monitors. :)
Yeah, they are also great for games too. :p I got to see css running at 1600x1024 totally maxed, 4xaa, 16xaf, looked so good...blows any LCD (that I have personally seen that is) out of the water..

haha, wait till you start gaming in 1680x1050 or 1920x1200 haha, you won't want to go back, i gurantee it. :D I know me and alvin dont want to :p

ownage said:
haha, wait till you start gaming in 1680x1050 or 1920x1200 haha, you won't want to go back, i gurantee it. :D I know me and alvin dont want to :p
yeah well, it goes higher than that :p my 19" CRT can do 1680x1050 and 1920x1200.. :)

Crabby... said:
But why? I meen LCD is so much better, plus no radiation. (can't spell... :( )

Some just prefer CRT's. Of course, it still has it's advantages like response rates in the nanoseconds or display of true colors (the average LCD only displays 75%-ish of true colors). The only thing that sucks about CRT is the size and weight. ;)

alvino said:
Some just prefer CRT's. Of course, it still has it's advantages like response rates in the nanoseconds or display of true colors (the average LCD only displays 75%-ish of true colors). The only thing that sucks about CRT is the size and weight. ;)
Yeah, when I was using my dad's 17" LCD after my 17" crt died... it killed me man.. the back light and horrible blackness made q4 look like crap for me.. looks so much better on CRT.

Haha, well there will be a time when LCD's will reign over CRTs. :) Samsung recently showcased a LCD monitor that displays 92% of true color, which is unprecedented for today's LCD panels. Not to mention that the response rates are becoming faster and faster with 2ms and even 1ms. It only takes time...

Back
Top Bottom