Warhead's candies

yeah, no kidding, i think they should stop whining, cause apparently ther the only ones who have had it happen!!, and if its burning your mouth, take it out!!!!!

i used to eat warheads all the time in like 4th/5th grade. the megafizzes were so good. it built up your tolerance for sour things, and once it became sweet. wow, it was heaven.

EMMteo said:
omg thats ridiculous seeing they really arent that bad at all. you can get these burns from eating fun dip candy (dip a candy stick into sugar). eventually during that time a lot of mouths will bleed because of the rubbing and sourness. not a big deal at all. people choke and die on steak. i dont see any articles about that.

Haha, President Bush choked on a pretzel while watching football. If only Secret Service didn't respond...;)

kchi55 said:
i used to eat warheads all the time in like 4th/5th grade. the megafizzes were so good. it built up your tolerance for sour things, and once it became sweet. wow, it was heaven.

That's the whole point. It builds up the sourness and when it's gone, it makes the sweet part taste like heaven. :)

boardordi3 said:
yeah, no kidding, i think they should stop whining, cause apparently ther the only ones who have had it happen!!, and if its burning your mouth, take it out!!!!!
:mad: I think your attitude is appalling, they're only eight, for chrisakes!!, their mother was concerned, & they had to have hospital treatment you're all heart, you! & how do you mean,they're the only ones?? didn't you read the other posts, one said that a kid had a hole [ulcer] in his cheek.

Kids do things like that, but personally I think the parents don't deserve to sue if they decide to. Kids are kids, and if you're going to give them something to eat without knowing what it can do, then that's not being responsible as a parent.

alvino said:
Kids do things like that, but personally I think the parents don't deserve to sue if they decide to. Kids are kids, and if you're going to give them something to eat without knowing what it can do, then that's not being responsible as a parent.
I agree up to a point, it's easy for us to criticise, but busy mothers, surrounded by kids, amid the uproar of a busy supermarket, yelling mummy mummy can I have this, she often glances at the packet & says OK, I've been behind them at a check-out, the mother looks fed up & just wants to get home to a foot bath.

As for boardordi3's comments, I'm waiting to to see his answer to my post, he was w-a-a-a-y out of order.

It's the citric acid in the candy that does this. They add citric acid to the candy and the natural lemon flavor which has more citric acid in it. The citric acid can make the inside of your mouth sore and even burn you as was stated in the first post.

I have experienced this from eating Pineapple, which is a fruit with a high level of citric acid (and because I love pineapple...lol)

I consider myself a 26 year old "candy kid" and I enjoy a good piece of candy, and I have to say that warheads are very strong sour candies and I have had them on occasion and have experienced some soreness of the mouth after eating them. I can see how this can be multiplied greatly in an eight year old child. Though I do agree that part of this should be put on the mother and knowing what your kids are eating. Yeah it's "just candy" but you still should know what your kids are eating so the parents should try it themselves before they give it to their kids.

Tommy Boy said:
I consider myself a 26 year old "candy kid"
Wow, I didn't realise you were 26, so why tht Tommy Boy? my guess it's what you were called by your parents earlier on in life, & it stuck, close family, huh?, [er, ever thought of changing your username?] this one's OK though.

I still love sweets [candies] at my time of life, but can't tackle hard candies [boiled sweets] any longer, teeth too precious, I too like pinapple, I had tinned after lunch today, & had to add quite a lot of sugar to make it sweet enough!

Haha.. i'd just eat them like people should.. suck on them a little, go crazy from the sourness of it all, then thats that. it's so sour because of it's acidity, afterall.

Back
Top Bottom