10 reasons to switch from PC to MAC?

Kwaz990

Beta member
hey
so i was at my friends house and his older bro was paking up to go to college and he showed me his computer and it was a new mac lap top and it really intested me. so i was just wondering what are the pros and cons of having a mac because i was considering on getting one wen i get to college. ok thanks alot cya

10 reasons why?

well
1. Mac suck
2. They suck becuase they cant game
3. PC133 Ram? wtf are they on
4. OS sucks, new ones are good though
5. 1GHZ CPU with SSE3, Wow Im so going game on CRAP
6. 9200 For mac, I bet you its like PCI x -99 @ 1MB bandwidth
7. Im going to host on a mac, watch out people
8. I wonder why macs dont need fans on there cpu
9. Built in screen, what happens if it breaks
10. Most games run on windows..

most of the stuff you said is not true. it doesnt have pc133 ram, it has pc3200 . the cpu's are around 2 ghz not 1ghz but they still beat the p4's. they use intel processors so you can install windows on it. it doesnt have the 9200. macs do have fans on their cpu's.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/
apple website said:
1. It just works.
How much time have you spent troubleshooting your PC? Imagine a computer designed by people who hate to waste time as much as you do. Where all the hardware and software just works, and works well together. Get a Mac and get your life back. More

2. You can make amazing stuff.
Every Mac comes with iLife '06, a suite of software that transforms your photos, music, and video into all kinds of projects. Make high-quality websites, photo books, DVDs, songs, slideshows, music CDs, calendars, cards, prints, podcasts, music videos, documentaries, and more. More

3. Design that turns heads.
You won't want to hide your Mac in a corner of the den. You'll want it front and center in your life. The Apple style shows in every detail, from its sculpted surfaces to its gorgeous Mac OS X graphics. More

4. 114,000 Viruses? Not on a Mac.
Mac OS X was designed with security in mind. Windows just wasn't built to bear the onslaught of attacks it suffers every day. A Mac offers a built-in firewall, doesn't advertise its existence on the Net, and isn't compromised within an hour of being turned on. More

5. Next year's OS today.
Since Mac OS X engineers aren't busy damming a flood of viruses, they have the time to think up amazing new technology. Like Dashboard widgets, mini-applications offering a world of capabilities just a keystroke away. Or a built-in RSS news reader. More

6. The latest Intel chips.
Intel Core Duo processors put you on the cutting edge. In fact, a Mac with an Intel chip is so fast it surprises even longtime Windows pundits, who keep running benchmarks again and again. Results? Fast. Fast. Yup, still fast. More

7. Instant video chats.
Setting up a video chat with the people next door — or across the globe — should be as simple as picking up the phone. On a Mac, you just click an icon to have a four-way video chat in a full-screen window with amazing clarity and special effects. More

8. More fun with photos.
On a Mac, you don't need any extra software to make a photo book. You don't have to leave your photo software to visit a separate website and wait for forms to load. All you need is a camera and a Mac. More

9. One-click websites.
How long does it take to post a photo or video to your blog on a PC? On a Mac, you can shoot a picture or a movie with the built-in camera, then post it on the web in a few clicks. Pontificate, preachify, and publish. The hardest part is coming up with something to say. More

10. Amazing podcasts.
Want to get your message out to the world? Podcast it. A Mac makes it simple to create professional podcasts, complete with artwork. Add sound effects and jingles, even use the built-in radio engineer to make it perfect. So you can be a talk star in seconds. More

11. Rock star tunemaking.
Musicians get all the girls (or guys). And a Mac has the software to turn you into the musician of your dreams. Choose from hundreds of cool riffs and instruments to create your own songs. Get good enough and you could be on iTunes. More

12. Hollywood-style movies.
Connect your DV camera and turn your movies into spectaculars. Add graphics, titles, and sound effects in minutes. Then use your Mac to burn a DVD or post to your website. More

13. No hunting for drivers.
Just plug in your stuff. A Mac includes USB drivers for mass storage, digital cameras, input devices, iPod, and more. It can see Bluetooth cell phones and headsets, as well as FireWire cameras. No rebooting. More

14. Awesome out of the box.
Other computers include software, it's true. But once you start using that software, you find that you're hobbled in some way or another. Software included with the Mac, on the other hand, is critically acclaimed as best in class. More

john123 said:
most of the stuff you said is not true. it doesnt have pc133 ram, it has pc3200 . the cpu's are around 2 ghz not 1ghz but they still beat the p4's. they use intel processors so you can install windows on it. it doesnt have the 9200. macs do have fans on their cpu's.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/

yea but the ones at school are 1GHZ with some type of OSX OS. And it sayed PC133 Ram

umm thanks for providing the OPPOSITE information he was looking for.

He said switch from PC to MAC. And judging by your reasons why MAC sucked you honestly didn't sit down and give it a non-biased try.

Mac is a wonderful operating system with tons of capabilities. Don't let a few mac bashers discourage you from experementing.

Mac OS X is based on a unix kernel, so it is very stable. Aside from that, viruses become *basically* nonexistant when you switch from a PC to a Mac.

Back
Top Bottom