Computer Won't Turn On.

Any idea when they might? I did go to your website and you said they might ship to Europe soon.

sorry if this was already suggested but i didn't read through the whole thread but why not try the psu you are using to make posts and try that on your computer that won't turn on.

I think its the MOBO in all honsety if your internet was plugged into your computer a surge could of travled from your phone line or dSL line into your MOBO, try your PSU on the PC that is working.

Ronco Rox said:
sorry if this was already suggested but i didn't read through the whole thread but why not try the psu you are using to make posts and try that on your computer that won't turn on.

I'm using my mum's iMac to write these posts :p

But good news! My computer actually works now! What I did was cleaned it with a paintbrush to get most of the dust out, and disconnected and then reconnected all of the cables, then after playing with the cable at the back and the power switch...presto! It came to life! I also took my RAM out and back in again.

But...there's always a but. It turns on...which I'm happy about, but now there's a boot failure. Something like:

BOOT Failure:
Insert boot diskette into A:
Press any key when ready.

Thanks for your previous help, but can you help me now? I'll search google and other threads for an answer.

what OS are you running? because windows 98 and below require you to have a boot disk in the floppy drive (drive A:)

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition. Hmmmm. Could it simply be that I stuck a cable in a wrong place?

I've been examining my computer but I can't see any cable out of place, or in the wrong place. I just want my Windows XP back :(

Ronco Rox said:
what OS are you running? because windows 98 and below require you to have a boot disk in the floppy drive (drive A:)

Windows 98 does not require you to have a boot disk in the floppy drive to boot.

Phire111 said:
:( I was hoping that wasn't the reason. I don't even know how to replace a power supply!

You have cathodes and don't know how to replace a power supply? :p Really though, I second that it sounds like the power supply has gone bad. You should try getting a higher wattage one that what you have in there now. With the cathodes, if the wattage on your current power supply wasn't high enough to support them, it could have been putting a strain on your power supply, and eventually caused this problem.

Well now I know how to replace it .. so there :p
And if you had read earlier, my computer works..except for the common error of boot failure which is my current problem right now.

Is everyone dead? What time do the admins and moderators come on? Sorry to be impatient...but damn...my life is nothing without my computer.

Back
Top Bottom