which should i buy?

amarlls

Beta member
hello i was going to order an HP laptop dv2000t off their website and customized it with 100gb hard drive and 1G ram. my question is i found the same laptop that was cheaper in staples store, but it had 2050 core duo processor instead of the 2400 processor which i added to my customizable HP. is there a very noticeable difference speed wise and all together between these two processors?? the 2050(1.6ghz) and 2400(1.8ghz). and also i would be using the laptop for primarily internet browsing and downloading music but maybe install CAD program on it if it wont be too much for it. would the HP with 100gb hard drive and 1g ram and 2050 processor be good enough and fast? please give me any info you may have

Yeah, you wouldn't see that much of a difference. The 2400 would probably do better when you were running a lot of programs at the same time. For just downloading music, and the norm, that comp should be fine. Whats the CAD program do?

its a computer aided design program for making blueprints and such on the computer. well i just got back from the store and i ended up buying the hp5170 instead. it was the same price and it had the 2300 processor, same 100gb hard drive, 1 gb ram, but this one had a 15.4 screen instead of 14.1 and better sound system. the only thing was it didnt have integrated webcam and it was a little heavier by one pound or so which isnt much. is the h5170 a good computer also??

I need the specs. I tried looking it up on HP's website but I couldn't find it. It's probably just as good. Don't worry about it. The Intel Core Duo's are great processors, that will last for a long time. I'm sure you made a wise investment for price, and quality. It should handle everything fine.

If your still wondering, just download a program called cpu-z. Then upload pictures using www.imageshack.us.

Back
Top Bottom