What you like and dislike about PSP / DS

The DS folds up, so it protects the screen a bit more in my opinion, altough the games for DS are a bit "for kids" they still are basically classics and can be fun. Nintendo DS is also cheaper than the PSP... thats all :p

I don't like the fact the PSP only has the option for a digital controller, yet, analog would of course take up more room on the device.

Same goes for DS, but its more understandable here since it closes up.

I love the look of the new DS lite. It looks so much better than the old bulky one, and has a brighter screen.

I like the fact they both use cartridges (Even though PSP's is a disc, its inside a case), to protect games.

I like the DS's touch ability, which the PSP falls on.

The graphics on the PSP are better though, but the DS seems to have more experimental games that are rather sucessful that look good anyway. Colourful/bright, etc.

PSP needs more of a selection of games, and not just a small genre that remind me more of console games, which I don't think a handheld should really be kept to.

well, PSP is great in all but a few things I hate are

When your playing music, your listin and your like (I want to look at this picture) so you go to pictures while your playing the music than press X on the picture and the music stops!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why didnt they make it so it just played while your viewing the pictures?.

Other are:
- UMD disk (Not recordable)
- You can get a virus if you upgrade the version (if you download the wrong hacked File)
- Internet is fun, but what about Internet games?

Kage said:
I don't like the fact the PSP only has the option for a digital controller, yet, analog would of course take up more room on the device.

Same goes for DS, but its more understandable here since it closes up.

I love the look of the new DS lite. It looks so much better than the old bulky one, and has a brighter screen.

I like the fact they both use cartridges (Even though PSP's is a disc, its inside a case), to protect games.

I like the DS's touch ability, which the PSP falls on.

The graphics on the PSP are better though, but the DS seems to have more experimental games that are rather sucessful that look good anyway. Colourful/bright, etc.

PSP needs more of a selection of games, and not just a small genre that remind me more of console games, which I don't think a handheld should really be kept to.
The DS Lite does look cool but I don't thin kits worth the additional $100+ USD to switch from DS to DS lite.

Google Guru said:
The DS Lite does look cool but I don't thin kits worth the additional $100+ USD to switch from DS to DS lite.
yea, but my friend was smart. He known that the DS light came up in the US so he sold hes DS got 80 (DS) + 20 (2 games). Than got DS light from somone in the US @ the time, and didnt cost him anything. Now he has like 20 games

My mate switched, and as the screen is brighter, the graphics actually look better, and alot more in your face :p
You don't go back to the old brightness setting once you try the DS lite.

I do believe though that the DS lite is alot better for new comers, but its not THAT worth switching if you have it already, but it does look alot better, and fits easier in pockets, etc.

My sister has the older DS, and I know she wouldn't be bothered with the new DS lite.

i like how the psp relates more the the ps2, while the nintendo ds only relates to the nintendo 64. in terms of graphics and game selection, i would say that psp wins. but i do hate how they decided to make a cd based media for the psp. han dhelds should stick to crtridges. 1, they load faster, and 2, they save battery life. ds wins in that area. i would basicly say that nintendo decided to go more with creativity with tehir system, and sony decided to go with making more realistic games like on the ps2.

cileskot said:
i like how the psp relates more the the ps2, while the nintendo ds only relates to the nintendo 64. in terms of graphics and game selection, i would say that psp wins. but i do hate how they decided to make a cd based media for the psp. han dhelds should stick to crtridges. 1, they load faster, and 2, they save battery life. ds wins in that area. i would basicly say that nintendo decided to go more with creativity with tehir system, and sony decided to go with making more realistic games like on the ps2.
yea, I agree. But PSP is more like Ps1 with Ps2 fetures but the PSP has video on a memory stick compard to PS2 with using c.ds.

wow i havent posted here in what feels like ages. been on the psp forums. i love my psp. only things i hate are the battery life and the scratches and smudges. i mean you cant complain with the features. web browser, mp3 player, video player, photo viewer, games player, can run homebrew, can run isos, etc.....
edit: OMFG they fixed the logo. it looks nice now :D

Back
Top Bottom