Audigy SE Crackling...

i have the exact same problem, lucky its not a good song. But its most definately the song, not your sound card

Crackling sounds usually come from an overloaded pci bus. Try removing all of your PCI cards and run the sound card.

I had the same problem with my Audigy sound card....couldn't fix it so needless to say, i dont use it now. Sorry that doesn't help but i wasnt able to isolate the problem either.

Well I have onboard, but non the less il give my 2 cents. My case (Aspire X-Cruiser) has an audio port built into it. When I plug my headphones in it, it makes a crackling sound too. So maiby its your sound card, or the connection port.

Thanks for the responses. However, it is not the song. I've mentioned that it does not do it when using the onboard audio with the same speakers. It isn't my speakers, nor the sound card. The static also comes from all three line-out ports on the sound card (tested by plugging headphones into each one) and did so with my old Audigy SE as well as the X-Fi. I removed my Firewire PCI card which left only the sound card in PCI slots and it still happened.

As I said, it seems to be a somewhat common problem with the NForce 4 chipset. My next plan is to try it on a different computer without that same chipset and see what happens (with the same songs tested, of course). If it goes away, then it will be isolated to a problem with my machine, or something that is on it.

Thanks again! :)

Yeah, it could be the conflict with the nForce 4 chipset. See if NVIDIA has some new drivers or software updates for it.

I just read on another forum that someone reformatted and it fixed their problem. I'm going to attempt this next; I need to do it anyway to get ready for school.

i have the audigy 2, and i have the same problem what you need to do is use the latest drivers AND go into the sound controls, and turn off spdif in and digital out, and any other inputs and outputs that create added noise for nor good reason, this leaves the wav sound on full and the main volume on full, and lets you listen to everything except for that crap.

Haha, well, I'm in the middle of reformatting, but if this doesn't fix it then I'll give that a shot.

Reformatting did not fix the issue, for the record. I've tried Zaki's solution still with no luck. I'll just put up with it until Nvidia/Creative comes up with an effective solution.

Back
Top Bottom