Getting Audio-IN for my car stereo ?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have a pioneer stereo system (DEH-P3500) that we installed like 2 years ago to replace our other stereo which was included in the car. It's pretty nice, but one feature it lacks is having a plug to just put the iPod into.

I want a way to hear my iPod music without having to use a Tape Adapter or a Wireless FM transmitter. So I opened up the dashboard area again and looked at the back of the pioneer thing. It had a bunch of electrical wires coming out, and then 1 antenna cable coming from the back, and 4 slots (which were unused) that looked like this:

O O
O O

Where the top 2 were white, and the bottom two were red. And they looked like they used regular A/V cables. One of my friends said he thought it was for the amplifyers, but I was wondering if this could possibly be used for the Audio IN function I've been trying to find...

Thanks

Nah, dont think that will work...If the headunit doesnt/didnt say ipod hookup, trust me it wont work...Even the most expensive of cars, still dont come with the ipod hokup for some reason...You have to get like a 150 converter thing..Its not as simple, as most people make it out to be...Even a Infiniti g35, takes almost a 150 ikit, just to get a iipod setup, and thats excluding going out and getting one...Take a look..

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99632

the one i have costed alot ($99) but if plugs into the cigarette lighter or the other plug in w/e its called. its so good you can play your ipod on a radio station without any interference. its realllllly worth the money.

Ok, b/c the manual says under "using the AUX Source", "it is possible to use auxiliary (AUX) equipment with this product."

Yeah but the quality sucks via radio, if you have a car, with good speakers, you can notice, the bass doesnt hit as good as it should...there is no point to have an ipod, that has amazing quality, and play via fm radio..

you'll actually be surprised. it has veryy good quality. yes theres a slight difference in bass but nothing to much at all.

if you can set it up like that person did go for it. first off tho turn it to AUX then plug it in and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom