Does England use the Euro?

Economically, if we had joined the other countries when it was first put in, the country would be in a far better financial state, however we didn't and the pound is still strong against the euro and the dollar.

To join the euro now, would be suicide, but I believe that we need to join europe, combined europe would be an effective balance to the USA, and this world needs that or the world is going to be led to oblivion, the sooner we as a country stop being america's lapdog (Edit: Yes it was lapdog, was browsing laptops just previously lol) and our government start listening to the people, and standing up to the likes of bush, then we maybe able to bring a halt to the disaster which is coming, and it is coming.

GlasseyeUK said:
Economically, if we had joined the other countries when it was first put in, the country would be in a far better financial state, however we didn't and the pound is still strong against the euro and the dollar.

To join the euro now, would be suicide, but I believe that we need to join europe, combined europe would be an effective balance to the USA, and this world needs that or the world is going to be led to oblivion, the sooner we as a country stop being america's laptop and our government start listening to the people, and standing up to the likes of bush, then we maybe able to bring a halt to the disaster which is coming, and it is coming.
it's lapdog... tony blair is georgebushes lapdog, not laptop...

whilst I agree that things may have been different had we joined the Euro to start with, I don't necessarily think that it would be for the better... the UK has a historically strong currency and economy when compared to other countries, so far ALL of the countries with strong economies that have joined the Euro have lost out, whilst only countries with weak economies actuall gain from the single currency.

as far as a power against america goes, do you really think that would be europe? I mean Eurpoe has it's own internal problems, it's never going to be a single superpower state in the same way america is, there are too many different languages, and histories for that to happen...
sad as it may be, most british people would rather take side with America than join sides with either france or germany...

I'm glad we still use the pound.

Switching over to the Euro now, would just confuse me. It took me long enough to get used to Pounds!!!

Back
Top Bottom