Attention Dell Laptop Owners

Hello Everyone
I have gotten a Dell Inspiron 6400 this summer when it came I took the sticker of my battery for heat issues as I noticed it gets hot :confused: :eek: . I looked at the recall and I have a sony battery that has to be replaced. Can someone help me please as this battery is a fired hazzard. Can someone help me find a number or tell me one so I can enter it online and replace it. Thanks, as i need to get this fixed right away as university is in september
Thanks for the help
Hunkyspunky

they do have a special page : https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/ i checked and i have a sony battery model for my dell inspiron 6400 , but the problem is i took off the sticker which has the ppid as i noticed the battery was getting hot and i thought it would help
can someone please help me
thanks for all the help
fell free to pm me
thanks
hunkyspunky

i didn't ask for that i really need help pwk it's not dell's fault it's sony as their battery is to blame

Heh, what a great year it's been for Sony. They just have the best track record don't they? Betamax? Fail. MiniDisc? Fail. UMD? Count it dead. Now they have battery issues? Ouch. Blu-Ray? Not looking so great.

If you ask me, I think I'll stick with my time proven DVD for now. All those next-gen high-def disc formats are just too buggy and have so many kinks to work out before it becomes something worthy of even replacing the DVD. Sure, it may be technologically superior to the DVD, but I would rather have something more reliable and known to work, rather have something cutting edge only to have it flop and die on me. ;)

alvino said:
Heh, what a great year it's been for Sony. They just have the best track record don't they? Betamax? Fail. MiniDisc? Fail. UMD? Count it dead. Now they have battery issues? Ouch. Blu-Ray? Not looking so great.
Haha no kidding man. I think the PS3 might be a candidate for that too!
alvino said:
If you ask me, I think I'll stick with my time proven DVD for now. All those next-gen high-def disc formats are just too buggy and have so many kinks to work out before it becomes something worthy of even replacing the DVD. Sure, it may be technologically superior to the DVD, but I would rather have something more reliable and known to work, rather have something cutting edge only to have it flop and die on me. ;)
Yeah, and $700 for a Blue-Ray drive is not acceptable for the common users like us.

Personally, regarding laptops.. this has turned me off regarding dell... I want to get a decent laptop for college.. one that is good for gaming (at low settings, no point getting high end in a laptop) and for workuse..

my friend has an Asus laptop, it's got a intel pentium M 2ghz cpu, a gig of DDR2 ram, and a geforce go 6600.. really nice machine. He got it for $1,000 about a year ago (he has connections).. i'm hoping I can get a similar laptop for $1,000 or less sometime next year.

pail_white_kid_rapper said:
dam dells... i alos got a 4700 and had to reverse the fan due to overheating..lol

It happens. It's stuff manufacturer's can't predict, unfortunately.

MikeReiner said:
Haha no kidding man. I think the PS3 might be a candidate for that too!

Yeah, and $700 for a Blue-Ray drive is not acceptable for the common users like us.

Personally, regarding laptops.. this has turned me off regarding dell... I want to get a decent laptop for college.. one that is good for gaming (at low settings, no point getting high end in a laptop) and for workuse..

my friend has an Asus laptop, it's got a intel pentium M 2ghz cpu, a gig of DDR2 ram, and a geforce go 6600.. really nice machine. He got it for $1,000 about a year ago (he has connections).. i'm hoping I can get a similar laptop for $1,000 or less sometime next year.
Yeah, I don't need one yet, but I'm hoping to get a good laptop for college too. Since I'm not right now, and probably won't be during college (but after, when I get my high speed internet I definitely will be) I'll probably want a high-end system so really I don't know what say or pick.

Probably my best bet in a laptop would be to get a budget laptop, after all, I do need money for purchasing other essentials like food, rent, furniture, college itself, books, and I don't really know how I will afford it in the first place. Plus, I need a car. So I wouldn't spend a whole lot on my laptop really; for working on projects and surfing the web, even if I got a 800 MHz processor with 128MB of RAM I'd still be able to do it (altough I will obviously have more than that) so I'm basically undecided.

In terms of Dell/Sony battery recalls, this isn't going to put down my liking of Dell computers really, I will still trust them for budget systems; if I could afford one in college I probably would get a custom PC, but I'd want a laptop and the best bet price-related is a Dell...I guess I just have to save up and have the money there to purchase one when the time comes.

Problem is, there aren't any good jobs available here, so I have to take the paper boy job which only pays about $10 per week, or less in Canadian Funds. That's like $9 or $8 or something in America and about 5GBP in Great Britian.

I have a while to go yet, and I make approximately $500 per year off the papers, and I do have things to buy I know, but in like 2 years I will have $1000 then... and other money that I get, for presents and stuff, plus current savings, and BOOM! Laptop. =)

I won't be getting one before college though... I want to save up and since I'm on the slowest dialup around here, my low-end specifications computer here will have to do for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom