What should I do to my car?

Those old Accords can be sleepers though. I personally seen some at our local California Speedway (Battle of the Imports) where this one guy had nitrous bottles hooked up to a fogger system to go with a turbo setup. Talk about need for speed. I've also seen crap cars that look so bad on the outside, but once you look under the hood, woooooooo--watch out. THey got thousands and thousands of dollars worth of performance upgrades waiting to be unleashed onto the track.

Just as people think I have a piece of crap Corolla and think they can already smoke me. I've beaten RSX's, not the type S, I'm afraid. Those things are a little tough. But I surprised the hell out of the Type S owners on how close I can hang with them. FI is everything.

Yep i would love to have a sleeper its funny when ppl see ur car like crap and bam u kicked their ass hehe :D 240sx are nice sleepers :p

EMMteo said:
not all rice burners are exactly slow. most yes, but the people who put their money into a car like that turbos are almost guranteed. In other words watch the hell out if your betting.

I feel it is a good assessment on cars with FI. You see more and more cars coming out with turbo setups and lots of aftermarket turbo kits that can beef up the performance even more. Probably best performance you can get. Just look at what Toyota's doing. They got a whole line of TRD superchargers for the Corollas, Camrys, Tundra, Tacoma, and the Scion tC's. THey know people want performance. I'm surprised Honda hasn't come out with a stock turbo setup yet. Their Civic SI motor wasn't built to be turbocharged just as the Corolla XRS, but I still see people do it aftermarket for higher boost. These two motors are pretty similar except for the VTEC on the Hondas which works just a little different than the VVTL-i on the XRS. These were made to be high revving machines that applies performance through NA. Although tuned differently in each car, the inline 4 VVTL-i engine in the XRS is the same found not only in the Celica GT-S, but also the Lotus Elise!!!

The Corolla XRS has a six speed manual transmission to take advantage of the high revs of the four cylinder motor. You'll have to get used to working the gear shift to keep the tach at about 4000 rpm, because that's where all the power is. Great fuel economy with added performance, whew. Ok, I had to brag a little in regards to the Corolla XRS. It's underrated and most people think they can smoke this car, but they'll be surprised.

Yeah but turbo charging your car dosent make it a good daily driver unless its a turbo from OEM like the STI's. Yeah whats the difference between the VVT-i motor(that i have) and the VVTL-i??. Yeah sadly a Corolla XRS can beat a stock tC it has 20 more horses(i think not sure) hehe and its a much much lighter car.

VVT-i, or Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence, is variable valve timing technology developed by Toyota. The latest version of VVT-i varies the timing of the intake valves by adjusting the timing chain connecting the intake and exhaust camshafts. A pump applies hydraulic pressure to adjust the gear driving the timing chain.

Toyota recently started offering a new technology, VVTL-i, which can alter valve lift (and duration) as well as valve timing. This is accomplished differently than Honda's VTEC. Instead of switching between two different cam shafts, there are spacers that are slid between a single cam shaft and the valves. At higher RPM, controlled by the ECU, oil pressure is directed to push the spacers between the camshaft lobes and valves, effectively simulating a much "hotter cam" and creating increased valve lift. When the engine falls in RPM the spacers are pulled out of action and the engine operates more economically.

This system is used in the Yamaha designed 1.8 liter 4 cylinder 2ZZ-GE which is used in the Toyota Celica GT-S, Toyota Matrix, Toyota Corolla XRS, Pontiac Vibe GT and Lotus Elise 111R. This variable lift technology allows the engine to be quite fuel efficient at lower RPMs and, when called upon, able to produce much more power at the expense of fuel economy. So which one is better? VVTL-i

VVTL-i is more like Honda's i-VTEC since both of these increase the lift of the cam lobe for the intake and exhaust cam. Both of these engines are DOHC. The V-TEC found on older Hondas and S2000 is a SOHC VTEC that only increases lift of the intake cam lobe. VVTL-i and i-VTEC version of RSX Type S are almost the same, but not the K20A2 engine found on RSX Base and Civic Si and the TSX K24, which is a milder version of i-VTEC. Increasing the lift of the cam lobe intake and exhaust allows more flow of air and fuel thus causing a stronger air to fuel ratio, which in turns causes the engine combust more and create more power.

Hehe really nice explanation yea i did know about VVT-i was like toyotas V-tec just didnt know the dif between the VVTL-i and VVT-i oh well im very happy with my car V4 it provides decent HP to burn civics hehe

Yeah my motor is a VVT-i and it has camry motor but the parts are a little closer produces about 160HP and its the nicesent auto tranny i ever driven so responsive :D

The tC defintely has more power than the stock Corollas. Then you have people like me that have a tuned Corolla that puts out about 170HP, lol. The Corolla XRS has 164 stock HP, whew but they also use the Camry motor. My Corolla use the 1zz motor, designed for it unlike the 2zz's in the Camry, Corolla XRS, and the tC's.

Yeah i reacall you having said you got TRD stuff on your car hehe mien will have soon i just have to wait cause my mom doesent want me to go crazy spending on my car i need to get a job hehe

Back
Top Bottom