Volt Mod

X1337

Fully Optimized
I want to volt mod my X1600Pro, its by powercolor. Im hoping that alvino can help me? he knows so much sh*t about computer so why not ask the Pro!

Hmm...there aren't volt-mods I know of for the X1600 Pro.

The links that The Amish Kid gave you aren't bad...try searching around. I'm not that great with volt-modding, especially cards I've never used.

alvino said:

The links that The Amish Kid gave you aren't bad...try searching around. I'm not that great with volt-modding, especially cards I've never used.
he told me about flashing the BIOS to get better voltage on the core and memory? do you know anything?

Yeah, you can flash the BIOS, so it'll fool the card into thinking it's a different card...

Of course, I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing. Otherwise you're going to end up with a piece of ruined hardware.

alvino said:
Yeah, you can flash the BIOS, so it'll fool the card into thinking it's a different card...

Of course, I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing. Otherwise you're going to end up with a piece of ruined hardware.

Yep, flashing the bios is kinda dangerous. And it doesn't fool the card into thinking it's a different card unless u flash it with a different cards bios.
Atleast with nVidia u can just copy the bios from the card into a file on ur desktop, and then edit the bios. Then just flash the edited one there and u haven't changed anything exept the stuff u wanted to.

mammikoura said:
Yep, flashing the bios is kinda dangerous. And it doesn't fool the card into thinking it's a different card unless u flash it with a different cards bios.
Atleast with nVidia u can just copy the bios from the card into a file on ur desktop, and then edit the bios. Then just flash the edited one there and u haven't changed anything exept the stuff u wanted to.
yea u can do that with ATI BIOS editor, All I want to do is. Take my Video BIOS file and change the voltage options that is all

X1337 said:
yea u can do that with ATI BIOS editor, All I want to do is. Take my Video BIOS file and change the voltage options that is all

Well using the editor to change voltage is easy. The hard part comes when u want to flash the new bios into the card. I don't know what programs u need with ati cards, but if I remember correctly u only need the bios & the flashing program on the floppy. If u do it with a cd then u need to make it a bootable cd.

alvino said:

You can volt mod anything, it's just going about how you do it.

Back
Top Bottom