Internet..LQQK

G35x

Golden Master
As of late, my internet has been slow like no other, wel since yesterday...I dont ever bother calling Verizon, because well, they never do shit...Prooly just make sure the wire is in tight, turn it off and on...Ok, when I restart the computer, the internet is all fast, then as the minutes tick by, it gets slower...Im on a belkin wireless card, (pc)...And the modem/router is downstairs, on a mac g5...Well even the mac is slow, for the mac, I turn off the modem off and on, and bam its fast, then ten minutes later, its slow...I checked my badwhith (sp) iits still the same as it always is...I did get a bunch and I mean a bunch of viruses and adware 4 days ago, but I cleaned it, and then it was fast, and going good...And now this...Please help :(

We had that same problem, sort of.

Turned out to be the router, and if you have a Netgear, best option is to swap to a Dlink.

Nah, not running any torrent or anything..Just 2 computers on Verizon dsl, 1.5mb/756kb deal for 30 a month, and its being gay right now...You have no idea, I mean it takes forever to look at this thread, or even just a simple yahoo fantasy football page...hmm could be the router, but I doubt that, but then again, Im no expert..Its a westlink, modem, and wireless router in one, got it with the contract...

Hmm...

Well first, you dont want an all in one.

Better to have the model seperate from the router. Thats how you narrow things down.

Reguardless, have you tried unplugging the router for 30 seconds for it to reset?

Nah, I turned it off, Ill do that when i go downstairs, right now its up to speed! :)

if your router is downstairs theres your answer. the cement and what not makes it extremely hard for anything to be transmitted. I checked it out and my signal strength was at "very low" i go anywhere upstairs and its very good to excellent.

I already mentioned, that it worked fine before, so the walls dont have anything to do with it...Its still in the same spot its always been, and so it the computer upstairs...Just yesterday, and all those months before it was fine, its just now its real slow, but the signal strength is excellent 54mbps..Its starting to become very slow right now :(

is it slow because windows updates are downloading without you knowing about it?

there is a thread in the social lounge about upload/download speeds. you could measure the speeds at a time when you think they are fast and a time when you think that they are slow...

if nothing else it gives you a hard statistic to tell verison, they will have made a contract with you to supply broadband at a set speed (with an applicable contention ratio). you should contact then to say that you arn't recieving your ful service, that you've performed tests to verify your situation and say that you'd like a substantial refund for the past month that you've been affected by this problem, since they are not fulfilling their contract...

See, at night it was good, and now *next day* its slow like no other...Its taking me longer then dial up too look at pages...And I did a bandwhth test yesterday when it was slow, all checked out fine...thats what I dont understand..

Back
Top Bottom