hello what should i buy?

amarlls

Beta member
hello i was going to order an HP laptop dv2000t off their website and customized it with 100gb hard drive and 1G ram. my question is i found the same laptop that was cheaper in staples store, but it had 2050 core duo processor instead of the 2400 processor which i added to my customizable HP. is there a very noticeable difference speed wise and all together between these two processors?? the 2050(1.6ghz) and 2400(1.8ghz). and also i would be using the laptop for primarily internet browsing and downloading music but maybe install CAD program on it if it wont be too much for it. would the HP with 100gb hard drive and 1g ram and 2050 processor be good enough and fast? please give me any info you may have

i don't know if it would make a huge difference. i mean its only .2 ghz between them. but the cheaper one (1.6 ghz) will be fine for a CAD program and internet browsing.

and the 100gb hard drive and 1gb ram is plenty for browsing the internet and downloading a good number of songs?

amarlls said:
and the 100gb hard drive and 1gb ram is plenty for browsing the internet and downloading a good number of songs?

yes thats more than enough for downloading songs.

amarlls said:
hello i was going to order an HP laptop dv2000t off their website and customized it with 100gb hard drive and 1G ram. my question is i found the same laptop that was cheaper in staples store, but it had 2050 core duo processor instead of the 2400 processor which i added to my customizable HP. is there a very noticeable difference speed wise and all together between these two processors?? the 2050(1.6ghz) and 2400(1.8ghz). and also i would be using the laptop for primarily internet browsing and downloading music but maybe install CAD program on it if it wont be too much for it. would the HP with 100gb hard drive and 1g ram and 2050 processor be good enough and fast? please give me any info you may have
WEll I just got the same notebook at Circuitcity this monday.
The 2050 is plenty! You will need to upgrade the video to the 7200Go to run a Cad program on it. 2GB of ram would help it out also if you are running Cad.

Don't go with HP for laptops. go with dell or ibuypower or somthing but not HP. I have seen lots of HP laptops in my shop, very few dells.

Nik00117 said:
Don't go with HP for laptops. go with dell or ibuypower or somthing but not HP. I have seen lots of HP laptops in my shop, very few dells.
I've heard ibuypower is crap
and dell, well,

Dell = Total P.O.S!!!! :mad:

If you have a problem with HP, get IBM.

I have a Compaq laptop (which is owned by HP) and I love it. Our entire school uses all HP equipment, which I work on daily. It's quality stuff, from what I've seen.

If you have a problem with all the companys than go to a computer store and let them build a system for you...

Jamxx said:
I have a Compaq laptop (which is owned by HP) and I love it. Our entire school uses all HP equipment, which I work on daily. It's quality stuff, from what I've seen.
Yah, HP/Compaq are good value and awesome laptops :D ;) :)

Back
Top Bottom