urgent... need help.. cup fan too low?

jcon891

Daemon Poster
I just put a new computer together, i have an Asus A8N-SLI nForce4 Ultra socket 939 motherboard, with an AMD athlon 3200+.. the computer turns on and goes to the BIOS setup, but comes up with a warning on the bottom of the screen "Warning: Your CPU fan fail or the speed is too low" .. i dont know what could cause this warning, my heatsink is installed correctly.

Make sure the CPU fan's three pin connector is connected to the FAN1 or CPU header on the motherboard. It will be marked and it's location can be found in the manual. :D

If it isn't on the right fan connection, it won't read the rpm's of the fan and thus give you a warning because it thinks there is no cpu fan. You could also just turn off monitoring for the cpu fan.

Thank you so much, i had my heatsink hooked up to the wrong plug -.-

my first PC build is now a success.... hope im not jinxing myself :p

ty again

feels amazing... I'm puting windows in right now... but this computer is the absolute best i have been on (spec wise) and i cant wait to start the gaming.

specs are:
Mobo---ASUS A8N-SLI nForce4 Ultra
CPU----AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939
HDD----Maxtor 160 GB SATA 7200 RPM
PSU----500W X-Finity power supply
RAM----2 GB Corsair
Vid card- Geforce 7600GT 256MB

i still have a lot of work ahead of me with the software and all, but im just glad everything is up and working.

Very nice :)

You could even try overclocking the beast if your up to it ;)

im actually really scared of overclocking after past incidents, and i dont really feel the need for it with this system :p

Back
Top Bottom