Cf New Theme

it wouldn't be hard to create a new theme though...

the theme is controlled by style sheets.
to a certain extent I do agree that this theme is a little old. that's not to say those that like it have to move away from it...

I'm fairly sure that it is possible to have more than one theme that could also be configured in the user control pannel...

there are a few questions that arise from this however...

1, will someone here buy a theme
2, will someone here invest their time making a theme.
3, if there is a new theme will david upload it and let people decide what theme they use
4, will anyone use a new theme if it is implemented.
5, who will maintain the theme. it wasn't that long ago daivd had to change the theme because some pages had too darker text for all monitors to see. -if someone else makes or buys a theme hy should David maintain someone elses work
6, will the theme work on all the pages

the list goes on...

well couldn't you simply modify this theme, with different colors, and then save it as a different, uploaded it, and vola! new theme, same load times and all. fresh look.

thats a very simple approach instead of actually completly changing the look, change the colors to something that is fresh but doesn't modify the function

all this moaning about david is pissing me off now.

he puts alot of effort into this place, and all he gets is crap in return.

make suggestions, yes, but all the crap about 'he isnt going to do this' and 'he isint going to do that' is just annoying.

stop complaining.. very annoying.

The only thing I miss is THIS:

snapshot1eo6.jpg

Atomic Rooster said:
I've never seen so much complaing about a forum.

We want a new update... we want a new theme...

Sounds like a bunch of whiney kids. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Well your proably old then and not with the new generation yet, perhaps back in your day you guys didn't really give a junk about things being up-to-date wait a minuet if your old then you didn thave computers back in your day so nevermind.

I like a community who is on top of things, for example
If you run a forum, and a version 'V3.1' comes out but your still on the old de-graded 'V3.0' with multipul errors and bad looks wouldn't you want to upgrade (Im not saying this has errors or anything but a fresh new look from time to time would be nice) It's nice to see some things change and not always the same 'ol crap you see every day something exiting and new.

Im my opinion, I think a little change wouldn't be too bad.

mark thorpe said:
all this moaning about david is pissing me off now.

he puts alot of effort into this place, and all he gets is crap in return.

make suggestions, yes, but all the crap about 'he isnt going to do this' and 'he isint going to do that' is just annoying.

stop complaining.. very annoying.

Dude you've got to learn how to take critisium, even though my spelling is poor I never complain about it. If you ever start up a website for example if you made a help website, wouldn't YOU want to know what your USERS are saying, what they want, what they would like to see or would you keep it the same with no new help archives or what ever. Im not complaning one bit or even mentioned it, Im just saying a new theme would be nice from time to time, something new, something different. Changing can be good.Critisum is good learn to take it.

I am all for it, but he's only ONE person...I doubt he could do this kind of stuff all the time...So I dont really blame him..But it would be nice to get something new once in a while, most forums have 2 admins, and therfor can be kept up to par, but he's only a one man team, only so much he can do...

Thats ture in some cases, but when you get into things like this you've got to take some standards. I bet when this was first started off he was with the game now that its got too much members its a careless forum now, as most places are now. Example: You make a company, your first customers are everything to you and then next thing you know youve got 700,000 customers and one customer complains - so what? I got 500,000 plus who are happy etc. Alwasy happens..

Yeah exactly, Im sure when it first started, he did tons of things, but now, I guess it runs fine, so why mess with it...Ehh who cares, his forum, his rules, if you dont like it, just leavse ( and Im not talking to you, im just saying overall, there are a ton of other forums)

Back
Top Bottom