What's the coax for to my FIOS router?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I just had Verizon FIOS installed, and noticed that there are both an ethernet cable, and a coax cable coming from the wall jack into the router. Does anyone know what the coax is for? Does the FIOS come in over both of the lines or what?

Isnt there like FIOS tv also, I heard that they have that now...And the coax goes into the tv reciver, saying you ordered it, not sure, but just my take on it...

Edit: ohh ok, so it works, and they both go into the modem, sorry read it wrong... :eek:

yes, i have the FIOS TV also, but like i said above, a coax cable is running from the wall into the router, along with the ethernet cable, and i'm not sure why. My tv's are in other places, and have the coax cable going from the wall to their set top boxes.

edit: got the answer.....after filling out the online question form with verizon, and getting back a couple of useless e-mails with a bunch of links to help topics that didn't even have anything to do with my question, i finally gave up and called them.....they said the coax cable is used to send the programing guide, and the video on demand programing to the set top boxes so i can see that stuff on the tv. it's actually an output cable taking info from the verizon router/nim to the tv set top boxes.

Back
Top Bottom