Most Demanding PC Game Made?

Yeah Oblivion probably but i have only played it on the 360 and it sucks graphics wise. The faces hold no detail or any type of emotion to be one of the small problems, the land mass is pretty undetailed unless you get close enough to be able to lick it. The orientation towards objects is also has a couple of bugs. All in all it's a good game but probably not the best graphics wise in my opinion.

Oblivion needs a really good video card for it work on high settings, so thats probably the most demanding on your gpu. You need a high end processor too, for it run well.

lol, CSS. My X1600Pro plays CSS @ 1280x1024 @ Highset settings without AA and AF. I like to play zombie mod servers and there is one where where all there maps are high rendering, I mean I get 14frames some times 10 frames on some parts.

X1337 said:
lol, CSS. My X1600Pro plays CSS @ 1280x1024 @ Highset settings without AA and AF. I like to play zombie mod servers and there is one where where all there maps are high rendering, I mean I get 14frames some times 10 frames on some parts.
hah, oblivion is way more demanding than css is.. just TRY maxing out oblivion at 1280x1024 on that card.. it will scream bloody murder :D

Crabby... said:
Dude, thats not even CS-S maxed out! If you can see jaggity lines then it is not maxed on Anti-alsing (sp?) and the other crap.
yea but its highsettings, I didnt say maxout I said highsettings. If I had AA , AF on max than I would say MAXout settings

bizarre_paradox said:
Yeah Oblivion probably but i have only played it on the 360 and it sucks graphics wise. The faces hold no detail or any type of emotion to be one of the small problems, the land mass is pretty undetailed unless you get close enough to be able to lick it. The orientation towards objects is also has a couple of bugs. All in all it's a good game but probably not the best graphics wise in my opinion.

Yeah, Bethesda needs to work on the facial emotions a bit, but I'll give them props for making each and every person in the game unique with their own personality. As for the landmass, surely you can understand that processing all that in high quality would certainly take TONS of resources to do so. The fact that Bethesda was able to make such a big game look so good is already pretty damn impressive. It's not like F.E.A.R. or those other games that are confined to smaller levels or something, Oblivion is a whole world that you can explore and experience. So you can't really say it sucks because it does take lots of hardware muscle to do that. My X1900 XT strains at running Oblivion at 1680x1050 with max settings. The Xbox 360 version of Oblivion is probably toned down a tiny bit, so that the game can still run with a solid framerate, but still look good.

How is there a bug in the orientation towards objects? I know there's a small bug with ATI GPU's, but things look fine in the game.

X1337 said:
yea but its highsettings, I didnt say maxout I said highsettings. If I had AA , AF on max than I would say MAXout settings

Actually, if you jack up the resolution, it's a simple way of reducing the jaggies. So then all you'll need is about 2x of FSAA.

Back
Top Bottom