Omelettes & Sandwiches

I found a brilliant chippie in SW London (Balham) when I was there in '83, best cod 'n chips I've ever eaten ;)

Check out the post count, :D another milestone passed :D

postcountrn1.jpg

root said:
he gets blindingly good fish and chips! battered marsbars, battered pizzas and a whole host of battered what-nots...
artery clogging goodness :D

the subway sandwhiches are good, but i don't eat them alot so that might be why i think they are so good :p i usually get the.....the.....nvm i forgot the name of it :p i've never eatin at quiznos but it has always looked really good....another sandwhich that is good is the wawa hogies(sp)! yum yum!

Yeah, in Scotland they'll deep-fry virtually anything... Mars bars, fish, pizza, smoked sausage, steak pie, haggis, ice cream (or so I'm told)...

My brother lives in England, and he says English chippies only do fish, AND they leave the fish skin on under the batter.

ewww fish skin....i don't like fish to start anyways.

i've also herd of people deep frying ice cream, i would think that would be hard to do...

there are batterd sausages as well... potato fritters, (battered potato slices).

but yes, in England we pretty much only batter fish and not marsbars etc...
and yes, (depending on the fillet that is battered) sometimes there is still something like fish skin on it, however, it's not actually fisj skin, is a thin membrane thats under the fhisn that hasn't been removed in the filliting process. fish skin, is surprisingly tough to eat, and certainly wouldn't be cutable with those tiny wooden forks.

root said:
there are batterd sausages as well... potato fritters, (battered potato slices).

but yes, in England we pretty much only batter fish and not marsbars etc...
and yes, (depending on the fillet that is battered) sometimes there is still something like fish skin on it, however, it's not actually fisj skin, is a thin membrane thats under the fhisn that hasn't been removed in the filliting process. fish skin, is surprisingly tough to eat, and certainly wouldn't be cutable with those tiny wooden forks.
I buy Morrison's "2 chunky cod fillets in oven crisp crumb", superb 1st quality fish, not the puverised pre-shaped muck that looks like something the cat's sicked up, just flaky gorgeous fish in crunchy crumb, if you have a branch near you, treat yourself, you won't regret it, I have it at home of course, 25 mins at 180c, with "Aunty Bessies" oven chips, big, old-fashioned chips, crisp on the outside, floury in the middle, also brilliant for a chip butty!

MooseMan said:
artery clogging goodness :D

the subway sandwhiches are good, but i don't eat them alot so that might be why i think they are so good :p i usually get the.....the.....nvm i forgot the name of it :p i've never eatin at quiznos but it has always looked really good....another sandwhich that is good is the wawa hogies(sp)! yum yum!

I LOVE subway, i always git the grilled chicken sandwich wit onions, mustard, tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce, its the best ive ever had!

MMMM.........Fattening.....lol

I love pastrami sandwiches too. Bring on the fat. I will die happy eating the food I like, but suffer through the complications of reaching death, lol.

Back
Top Bottom