keyboard disabled after powe fail

faith4

In Runtime
my keyboard keeps getting disabled (not working ) after a power failure (power got shut off caused by wind ect.) and i have to keep unpulg and plug the keyboard and restart the pc to get it enabled again.
how do i fix this ?
i got the logitech multimedia keyboard, and when i first got this keyboard, i installed it with the install cd and then plug in keyboard.

usually when u change the keyboard , wat installations do u do ? mabe i miss a step.

I usually just plug it in and it works lol...Try another usb port, the power outage miight have taken that one out, odds are slim, but you never know..

Well i know that power cut outs can hurt your PC in many different ways.

When it comes to your Keyboard, becuase its PS2 i would try it on another PC (first test). If it does the same its the Keyboard.

If it doesnt do the same- if your luckly to have another PS2 keyboard, try that one. Same Problem?

Now i would start to worry alittle bit.

You can go into your BIOS and check if your PS2 is enabled.
If its enabled- You can by a connection at will convert your PS2 into USB, this will then test if its your PS2 connection on your PC or if its your Keyboard.

Also check in Device managment to see if your Keyboard drivers are loaded.

well, it doesnt have thise effect with the power shut off with the original keyboard * keyboard that was built with this computer. But since i changed it to this new keyboard i have had this problem.
i tried taken out keyboard and reinstall uninstall reinstall with the installtion cd, still same problem.

Back
Top Bottom