arrizx asked me to post this

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
he said he cant access the site because he gets an error. the error is:

"server not found"

so what can he do to fix it?

that has happened to me before too. i just kept trying for a while, but it still didnt work, so i just tried later and it worked lol. just need to give it some time a iguess. just tell him to try like every 15 minutes or so.

Well, having left work (and the pc I was posting on for most of the day) it took me an hour before I could join the forum, something is up with the server.
:(

Well just now i tried when i came on my pc it said 'Looking up server' ' Server not found' i tried 40 mins later and it came straight on, as fast as ever lol.

yes... I've also found this that the site can be selectivly down...

it's very weird...

I've sometimes been unable to connect with IE, but able to connect in firefox,
sometimes unable to connect with either IE or firefox, but at the same time been able to connect with a different computer on a remote desktop.

te errors always seem to be page not found.
and even if you just browse to the IP address (http://72.36.191.10) it still says that the site is unavailable... even if I know it's not cau seI can access it on another machine!! or if I'm talking to pepole on messenger that are also using it and able to access the site...

it seems like the site selectivly refuses conections...

there is a possible explenations that I can think of...

David... (question that only he can answer).
What OS does the server use (I don't really trust netcraft to tell me)
what web server does it use,
and how many active conections can the server recieve?
how many active server threads are available at once? (e.e the default for apache is something like 50, soonly 50 people could browse at a time?).

it could be that these timeouts etc are entierly down to server config...

My last suggestion is that you could try going to another one of davids sites.

(servertalk.org, rapidgamingforums...).

though I did just notice that whilst trying to lookup the IP addresses to make sure that they are on the same server no addresses other than computer forums.org are returned...

Maybe it's a problem with the DNS server?

I don't know... (Clutching at straws!!)

There seems to be an issue with some dns servers resolving our domain names with some isps.

Notice to everyone (When the site comes back up.)

You might be able to get on with the ip in the future, 72.36.191.10 (bookmark it)

Back
Top Bottom