Twiterpated graphics card......

sexy shrimp

Solid State Member
I recently recieved a new graphics card. It is an ati 9200 i think. Not at home so not quite sure, anywho. I installed the card and everything went fine. I then plugged the monitor into the the monitor hookup on the card. Now everytime i boot, i dont see the bios menu at all, you know, press F12 for blah blah. It instead goes sraight to the Windows XP Pro welcome page, then it loads my desktop. I dont think this is a big problem, other then the fact that i CANT GET INTO BIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!! really though, i havent needed to get there so no problems yet but i think i will need to pretty soon. can i get there a different way? Also,if i connect my monitor back into the normal monitor port and not into the graphics card, will the card be serving any purpose or just be sitting there doing nothing. thanks for all the help. i really appreciate it.

are you sure that F12 for your motherboard is to access the BIOS because for others (like me) is F2

and yes if you were to put the monitor back into the intergrated video the video card in your PCI/PCI-E will just be sitting there doing nothing. because that would install the intergrated video chip and unistll the ATI video card.

um.. if you plug your monitor into integrated video you will not get picture. this is assuming that you uninstalled your integrated video drivers before or after you installed your ati drivers. and if you're using an HP or a Dell computer bios doesn't even matter, since they normally lock the bios on them anyway.

It is a Gateway, so the bios isn't locked, and you are correct, i would have to change the settings back to the integrated video driver in order to get a picture, but considering that, would i have to do that to get into my BIOS if needed to?

Well, you could set the primary graphics adapter to AGP or PCI, depending what's the card, and it should post the BIOS screen in the default card.

Back
Top Bottom