adequate cooling?

Zaki said:
-having options for more fans is always a plus in my book, never heard a case where having options was bad. and the vents i mentioned were not just for fans, some of them are just...vents.
-even if that hardware doesn't produce "that much heat" he'll still want to have the capability of oc'ing on air cooling.
-i never said that a computer wont run unless its in a cm stacker or a lian-li
-the cm stacker is not expensive, here's one that costs less than the p-180:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119042

sure the p-180 is a great case, and he'll never regret getting it, but i never regretted my antec full tower case either, until i looked at lian li and cmstacker cases, you can literally put your entire hands and forearms into the cmstacker when installing the mother board.

First, having extra fan points is never a bad thing (the P-180 has two extra), but I was saying that you don't need THAT many. 120mm fans do a great job of getting air out, especially the Yate-Loon fans. Vents actually aren't always that great, unless they're in the front as intakes. If you have a case like ThermalTake with those giant vents on the side panels, sometimes it's just as bad as leaving your side panel off. Cases are designed to be like wind tunnels, with the exhaust fans and intake fans creating pressure inside the case to pull air out. If you have a giant vent on the side or just take of the side panel, it would disrupt that whole wind-tunnel effect and cooling efficiency would actually decrease.

Second, he said he's only overclocking a bit. Unless the components he's using produces a lot of heat naturally, overclocking a bit won't drive the temperatures up too much.

Third, I never said that a computer won't run unless in a CM Stacker or Lian-Li either.

Lastly, the CM Stacker from Newegg is about $145.00, but with a $30.00 MIR it's cheaper than the P-180 by $10. :p Have you ever done MIR? Sometimes they don't get through, sometimes they get lost in the mail, sometimes they just don't send your money back. If you ask me, MIR shouldn't be a judging point for decisions based on price, because they're so unpredictable. You may get those $30 back, you might not.

Either way, both the P-180 and CM Stacker are great cases, but if he wants the P-180 then that's his decision.

EDIT>>> Bulldog (UK) nice phase-change cooler. Too bad it costs a fortune. :p

well i guess we agree then, btw i have done a mir, $50 from plextor!!! paid directly to my paypal account.

Back
Top Bottom