amd 3800 x2 or intel core2 duo

faith4

In Runtime
wats the speed difference between amd althlon 64 x2 3800 and the intel core 2 duo e6300 in cloak speed and performance?
and which of the processor is better for gaming at this type of speed x2 3800 and the e6300 ?

Well the e6300 is a really good overclocker, and can clock much higher than its stated clock speed with a bit of work, and even at its rated speed is powerful!!

As for gaming, the e6300 I assume would blow the X2 out of the water.

Its so much more efficent and powerful. Intel have a winner I think.

Ive seen people on forums overclock the E6300 over 3.0GHz. But it takes alot of work, and some really expensive parts. :p

That depends what you want :)

Do note that the core works on the older 775 socket motherboards IF it has updated Voltage controllers which some companies are updating with older motherboards to support the new core.
This should proove that alot of new version motherboards should become available rather quickly,

But I'm sure if you look carefully, you'll find a nice selection.

Where abouts fo you live?

Are you looking for SLI or CrossFire or just a standard 16x PCI-E slot?

The E6400 Core 2 I have now is great for gaming. I'm upgrading to another gig of RAM by the end of the year and it's awesome with Battlefield 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and FEAR, all on high settings @ 1280x1024. I have no other programs like AIM, MSN, Opera, Firefox, music or anything like that running while I game so that's why it's good. I'm an Intel boy now until AMD drops the quad core :D

Well u don't really need a powerfull cpu for gaming. Haven't encountered a game that a P4 3.0Ghz couldn't run on high settings. But the core 2 duo would be a great processor.

Back
Top Bottom