Internet screwing up

bizarreparadox

Baseband Member
I have broadband (if that makes any difference); when I turn on the modem and all the right lights are coming up and everything and I go to open firefox or ie it someotimes tells me that it can't find the site and that it's not picking up a connection. I've done a virus scan and that turned up with nothing. I have had a problem with the cord coming from the modem to the wall being too long with a cordless phone connected too but when i go to get on the internet it's got all the right lights lit up, (activity, ethernet,dsl) they all light up and it still doesn't work.

Thanks for any help, Bizarre Paradox

has the internet worked in the past? Also go to Control Panel -> Network Connections and tell me if it says "connected" under one of the methods of connection.

Yeah it's says connected under both of the little icons, could it be a peer to peer taking up all my bandwidth and leaving me with nothing because I just recently donwloaded bittorrent and it was downloading something at the time?

bizarre_paradox said:
Yeah it's says connected under both of the little icons, could it be a peer to peer taking up all my bandwidth and leaving me with nothing because I just recently donwloaded bittorrent and it was downloading something at the time?
that could be the problem, try disabling it and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom