Help With Speakers

imhungry114

Beta member
Ok well im sick of the speakers on my laptop already and need a better system to plug into when I get home from work. Ive been looking at these but they have connectors set up for a desktop. My notebook(Toshiba Satellite A105-S2141) doesnt have any audio outputs except for a headphone jack. Is there a connector made to take all the cables and change them to USB or a headphone jack? Im going to bestbuy tomorrow to buy them and id like to make the trip as fast as possible. Any help is appreciated.

Those speakers look nice, but not as good as the Z series of the same model I don't believe.

Since there are no real audio jacks, I'd suggest you go and get a USB sound card device, and this'll plug into your laptop. You can then plug the speakers in the link in, if you decided to buy them :)

This for an example:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=8163&GroupID=1136

Since its also got a true 5.1 output on this sound card, your speakers will be given a good work out.

If you only used a headphone jack, you are more likely to get really messy sound using speakers, and just using one output, some of the speakers probably wouldn't work anyway.

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom