Buying a paintball gun, need some help.

Wow, I guess I got lucky with my 98...Chops once in a blue moon, why would you need a allen key to squeggy, the barrel screws right off... :confused:

boardordi3 said:
a)yeah bullshit, they chop 24/7 no vision, and a flatlines $200, doesnt help the marker itself sucks
b)okay, youve obviously only shot it once, because mine chopped like crazy, and once it chops, you need a f*ck*n allen wrench to squegee it
c)w/e, as long as you dont drop it youll be alright
d)no, thats where your wrong, the things fine to fix, but its a bitch to take it apart during a game, you might as well splat a ball on ur face and walk out then try to take apart that thing
e)yeah, cmon man, sights dont do shit, no paintball gun is accurate enough for a sight

DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY
this is my opinion from owning one, and i dont mean to disrespect mammourika

a) yes the flatline is expensive, but it's a proven fact that it makes the paintballs fly a longer distance.
b) no, actually I have shot one many times and also worked at a place where we rent out 98 customs. And I rarely saw any chops, and u can squegee it without any tools, it's just not that easy :D
c) true, but in paintball sometimes u need to just dive to get to cover. But even so electronic markers are fine, but still the fact that there is no electronics makes it more reliable.
d) with "when u are out playing" I ment like after a game when u are waiting for the guys to get their gear together u can fix ur gun (if u need to for some odd reason). With angels I didn't bother even opening it up if I wasn't at home.
e) sights are cool :p. And I'm not talking about any 20x scope here, just something like a ordinary red-dot sight, makes aiming faster and easier.

:p

And dev, (yes, I'm gonna keep calling u dev :D) yes u can take the barrel off but I just used to push the squeggy thingy in from the feed tube, somehow manage to make a 90 degree turn with it and then just pull it out from the barrel.

I have 2 of them, as you saw in the thread, amazing guns, well atleast how I used them...Railroads and what not, worked amazing...But its ehh, not many of my friends are into it anymore, kinda gay how I got them use them for a year, and then we all stoped playing...

boardordi3 said:
a)yeah bullshit, they chop 24/7 no vision, and a flatlines $200, doesnt help the marker itself sucks
b)okay, youve obviously only shot it once, because mine chopped like crazy, and once it chops, you need a f*ck*n allen wrench to squegee it
c)w/e, as long as you dont drop it youll be alright
d)no, thats where your wrong, the things fine to fix, but its a bitch to take it apart during a game, you might as well splat a ball on ur face and walk out then try to take apart that thing
e)yeah, cmon man, sights dont do shit, no paintball gun is accurate enough for a sight

DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY
this is my opinion from owning one, and i dont mean to disrespect mammourika

Sounds like you got screwed, because I know several people with 98 customs and... well to say the least, they have never complained about having one.

besides, i just didnt like thes style, i dunno, im more a hyperball guy
and i mean to truly clear it lol, not just the barrel, cauase thats not what needs to be squeegeed, its the bolt, ball detent and feed tube that need to be squeegeed, thats a bitch lol

I own a 98 custom and have used it in cold/hot/humid weather and I still have yet to chop a ball. I dont have anything fancy for it except for a new o-ring kit on the entire thing. I got out of paintball because it was just too expensive for me at the time because I didnt have a job. My 98 has been sitting in a box for a year and a half and took it out shooting just the other day and it is still performing like a champ, granted, it doesnt have a barrel upgrade and isnt as acurate as some other markers, but it is great and very reliable. I am currently trying to sell mine so I have a little more money for my car to get fixed up. But I give the 98 Custom big props because it is easy to maintane and fix if anything happens to it.

Wolfbrother said:
I own a 98 custom and have used it in cold/hot/humid weather and I still have yet to chop a ball. I dont have anything fancy for it except for a new o-ring kit on the entire thing. I got out of paintball because it was just too expensive for me at the time because I didnt have a job. My 98 has been sitting in a box for a year and a half and took it out shooting just the other day and it is still performing like a champ, granted, it doesnt have a barrel upgrade and isnt as acurate as some other markers, but it is great and very reliable. I am currently trying to sell mine so I have a little more money for my car to get fixed up. But I give the 98 Custom big props because it is easy to maintane and fix if anything happens to it.
Whoah!, this is an old thread that your friend ArrizX started in August, I suggest you re-read all the posts here, the answers you want may well have been aired, if not, feel free to ask further, on CF, it's generally considered better to start a new thread, rather that join an old one, but as a newbie you didn't kniow that, so carry on, bo.
thumbs.gif

lmao sorry, i was almost asleep when i found that post, i had no idea how old it was. so i think i will start reading more carefully the date. . . haha

Back
Top Bottom