adequate cooling?

mtotho

In Runtime
im getting this case : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129017

this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131028

this power supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817371001

2 seagate 72000 320gb, 2 gb of g skill ram, and a conroe e6600, and im planning on overclocking everythign a little bit, im not pro at overclocking, but without OCing at all it would still be the best computer ive ever owned, i was just wondering if the antecs case fans are good enough cooling for the whole lot of things, if not what cooling do u guys reccomend? i dont really wanna spend a fortune so max 100 bucks on cooling, thanks.

Antec Tri-Speed fans are actually some of the best stock fans you'll ever encounter. Of course, they're nothing great, but for fans that come with a case...they're pretty damn good. Of course, I would just buy some nice and very quiet Yate-Loon's and enjoy the silence. :)

Oh btw, the Antec P-180 is a fantastic case, although I own and prefer the silver one, the black one is very nice. :)

ok, so ur saying i should get some extra fans? i dont know whats good and or bad, altough when it comes to fans im sureits not to much difference between each brand. can someone link me, and tell me how many i should get. thanks.

mtotho said:
ok, so ur saying i should get some extra fans? i dont know whats good and or bad, altough when it comes to fans im sureits not to much difference between each brand. can someone link me, and tell me how many i should get. thanks.

if I remember correctly the P180 comes with all three 120mm fans.
So no need to get new ones, unless u want something more powerfull, but those that come preinstalled should be good enough. U will get better temps if u spend that $100 on a new hsf for the cpu and vid card.

mtotho said:

Not get extra fans, but replace the Antec ones. The stock ones are good, but the Yate-Loons are really cheap and they're worth it.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1cafa.html

i wouldnt get that case or any mid tower case for that matter,
after you use a full tower or a server case you understand how absurd it is to try and fit burning hot components into such a small space.

the cm stacker is really great because it has a vent on the bottom, a cross flow fan vent on the right side of the case, a gigantic circular vent with an optional fan on the side, AND an 80mm on the top of the case....not to mention that the entire front side of the case is a vent also. i have two extremely similar machines, one in the cm stacker and one in an antec 1080plus full server case, the one that runs in the cm stacker takes more power, and yet its at least 5 C less than the machine that runs in the antec...i cannot recommend looking at this case much more than this..
the only down side is that its huge and the crafting of the front vents could be better.

Hey Zaki, the P-180 is a very good sized case. Plenty of room inside to work in. It has a 120mm up front, 120mm in the rear, and a 120mm on the top. Mine stays extremely cool even in the summer.

I would agree with replacing the stock Antec fans. It seems mine really didnt last very long. They got all gummed up and quit working.

Atomic Rooster said:
Hey Zaki, the P-180 is a very good sized case. Plenty of room inside to work in. It has a 120mm up front, 120mm in the rear, and a 120mm on the top. Mine stays extremely cool even in the summer.

I would agree with replacing the stock Antec fans. It seems mine really didnt last very long. They got all gummed up and quit working.

im not saying that this is a bad case at all, its just that if you are going to be looking at temperatures a lian-li or a stacker sized case would really help.

The P-180 works fine. I have one myself, and it works wonders. If that's what he wants, then so be it. He's just asking for cooling suggestions, as stock fans aren't always the best. Becides, having the most fan mount positions isn't always the greatest thing.

Also, all that hardware doesn't produce that much heat. A mid-tower is fine. You should see Maximum PC's Dream Machine. They used the soon-to-be released Silverstone TJ09 case and it's no bigger than the P-180 (they call it a full tower though). It worked fine, heck they even unplugged the fan of the X6800 they used, and it still ran stable for hours and hours. Oh and the CM Stacker and Lian-Li cases are expensive. He has a budget and the P-180 is a great case for the money.

alvino said:
The P-180 works fine. I have one myself, and it works wonders. If that's what he wants, then so be it. He's just asking for cooling suggestions, as stock fans aren't always the best. Becides, having the most fan mount positions isn't always the greatest thing.

Also, all that hardware doesn't produce that much heat. A mid-tower is fine. You should see Maximum PC's Dream Machine. They used the soon-to-be released Silverstone TJ09 case and it's no bigger than the P-180 (they call it a full tower though). It worked fine, heck they even unplugged the fan of the X6800 they used, and it still ran stable for hours and hours. Oh and the CM Stacker and Lian-Li cases are expensive. He has a budget and the P-180 is a great case for the money.

-having options for more fans is always a plus in my book, never heard a case where having options was bad. and the vents i mentioned were not just for fans, some of them are just...vents.
-even if that hardware doesn't produce "that much heat" he'll still want to have the capability of oc'ing on air cooling.
-i never said that a computer wont run unless its in a cm stacker or a lian-li
-the cm stacker is not expensive, here's one that costs less than the p-180:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119042

sure the p-180 is a great case, and he'll never regret getting it, but i never regretted my antec full tower case either, until i looked at lian li and cmstacker cases, you can literally put your entire hands and forearms into the cmstacker when installing the mother board.

Back
Top Bottom