Alienware vs Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Dell. It's cheaper too (Alienware = El Expensivo), and it has some nice hardware in it. The Alienware has good hardware, but the substandard 512MB RAM is a drawback.

or you can always spend 40 bucks at the egg to get another 512. My vote goes to Dell, while getting the same specs are the Alienware :p

ownage said:
or you can always spend 40 bucks at the egg to get another 512. My vote goes to Dell, while getting the same specs are the Alienware :p

Not to mention for the cheaper price. ;)

Well, If you are gaming... I would suggest a Dell XPS Laptop Series... There very in-expensive and will run all the game's on the market right now.

Well, If you are gaming... I would suggest a Dell XPS Laptop Series... There very in-expensive and will run all the game's on the market right now.

Absolutely NOT! Do not EVER get a laptop for gaming. Please take it from me before you make the biggest mistake of your life.

I purchased an XPS M1710 2 summers ago and it's now the biggest piece of shit purchase of my life. I spent $4700 for a top of the line laptop which now can barely run counter strike without overheating and shutting down, no lie - and that's WITH a 3 fan cooling pad. My computer idles at 80 degrees celcius, I don't have a battery because my previous 3 burned out and died on me, and it's just not up to par anymore.

If you want my honest opinion:

If you absolutely need a laptop, I would get something cheap that works... and then build your own rig. I remember people told me to do that because it's so much cheaper and I was like No! I want a Dell! Well that was a terrible decision and I will never do that ever again. I think you should build your own PC bro... much more stuff for your money.

Of the choices Id go with the dell but you definitely have better options than that... What is the price you are paying for each one?

Mikefer.... What did you do to your M1710?.... I have a M1530... And it's running any game on the market right now. It's extremely fast, doesnt lag in-game and can handle most game's on high. For a laptop, XPS's are amazing if you take care of them. For a Desktop, There's nothing like building your own. The overall experience and joy you get from building it and the satisifaction that you get when you done saying " Wow, It's amazing! I cant believe I actually built this " and you get more bang for your buck when you build your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom